WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Forehand Arms solid frame S&W 38 knock off

Banned

Forehand Arms solid frame S&W 38 knock off

Hi guys,
    I bought an old Forehand Arms Model 1891 Double Action solid frame 38 a while back. It seemed to need "a little" work. It did not always turn the cylinder when pulling the trigger. AND the trigger was very hard to pull.
    I took it apart and found that it had been taken apart at least once before and dinged up inside a bit. I got rid of some burrs and cleaned up the action but putting it back together was a BEAR. It has a v shaped spring that notches into the front of the trigger to toggle it back after pulling. THAT spring has been giving me fits. I finally have it back together ..the gun works and cycles correctly but the trigger pull is like 50 lbs. I pulled it apart and put it back together probably 6 or 7 times thinking maybe I put the spring in backwards...but it can only really go in one way. It is to the point now that I am thinking about modifying the spring to get it to work right. I noticed that there was so much pressure against the trigger guard that it is pushing it out to where it is even bent a bit. It is a really cheap gun. I thought maybe it is a direct copy of a S&W solid frame so that someone would know what I am trying to describe here.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Boolit Buddy
    Might be the wrong spring to start with, gun parts got anything that comes close.