RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
Load Data Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lee breechlock pro or loadmaster

Boolit Master
    Here is a pic of the latest version of the safety prime , the one with guides on the bottom it works much better than the earlier version without guides.
    The other pic is of the bin under the primer feed part of the press that catches my fumbles. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0AC5154F-A3CA-4A08-885F-1D77CF3C398A.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	236078Attachment 236079
    I seem to be sideways and don’t know how to fix it.

Again, I do not own a LoadMaster though I do own a Lee Turret press, Lee Pro1000 and a Lee Auto Breech Lock Pro.

The very first press I bought when I came back into the hobby was the Lee Pro1000, then was a turret and now the BLP. I was originally looking to buy a used turret press of any make until I found I could buy a used Pro1000 with all the dies, powder measure and case feeder for what just a Turret press was bringing.

One of the things I quickly learned is how to make the priming work. That really didn't take a lot once I understood the basic setup and concept. Next big thing I learned is that the Pro1000 is not the best solution for working up new loads were one is constantly checking weights and lengths. It can be done but it is awkward and cumbersome. A Turret press works much better. Lastly I learned the value of the 4th station of the ABLP.

Also while doing the research on progressive presses I read about all of them and watched all the videos. I quickly ruled out the LoadMaster because it was much more complicated and more moving parts and adjustments than the Lee Pro1000 or the Dillon SDB or 550. Also because even though it is a 5 station press it doesn't load primers until the 3rd station. Why would anyone need 2 station to size and decap. Unless maybe because one is loading lead bullets and is using an "M" die in the second station.

There are many choices in the market to choose from so to everyone, take your time, research them all, determine your needs and not someone else's. Not everyone needs a fully dressed Dillon 650 just as for some a great single stage Rock Chucker or Big Boss isn't going to get the job done either.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    I seem to be sideways and don’t know how to fix it.
    See topic:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-turn-sideways
    In particular, Post #11, by member, Hickory:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post4554474

It worked for me.

-----
    I am following this topic, but do not have anything to add to the subject right now. I just posted to try to help out someone else with an issue I knew about.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0F2378A2-6A50-441B-9C1B-A10857EB269E.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	236097Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5AED56FB-18A8-4E33-B434-4AC9C6A8C73F.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	236098
    It worked thanks for the help.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    ....Also because even though it is a 5 station press it doesn't load primers until the 3rd station. Why would anyone need 2 station to size and decap.
    Don't know where you got that.....mine primes on second station.

Sorry folks, got caught up in reading and forgot date.
    Last edited by hpdrifter; 11-02-2019 at 09:33 AM.
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Boolit Master
    Love my loadmaster

Quote Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
    Don't know where you got that.....mine primes on second station..
    You are correct and I misspoke. As I mentioned earlier I do not have this press so I was going by what I recalled reading when I was looking at getting one. The part that always trips me up is the use of the Universal decapping die in station one and the sizing die in station two with the decapping pin removed or at least some sort of die in station two to keep the case centered while priming.

Photos above are from a lee pro 5k. NOT load master.

Load master has 5 stations.

1. Diprme and resize
    2. Prime
    3. Powder / expanding die
    4. Bullet seat die
    5. Factory crimp die

99% of all load master issues come from the priming system.

The other issue is timing / misaglingnd plate.

With all of the issues I have had with it.

2 primer pops.
    1 blown up gun.

I stopped using it for full progressive.

Usage and milage may vary

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    Photos above are from a lee pro 5k. NOT load master.

Load master has 5 stations.

1. Diprme and resize
    2. Prime
    3. Powder / expanding die
    4. Bullet seat die
    5. Factory crimp die

99% of all load master issues come from the priming system.

The other issue is timing / misaglingnd plate.

With all of the issues I have had with it.

2 primer pops.
    1 blown up gun.

I stopped using it for full progressive.

Usage and milage may vary

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Man sorry to hear about your gun..
    Priming seems to be the most common problem on progressive presses of any brand , and the loadmasters are one of the worst offenders , and it seems any thing that causes an interruption in the process greatly increases the chance for a squib or double charge. The Loadmaster also seats the primer at the top of the ram stoke which makes it harder to feel it bottom in the pocket .
    The ABLP uses the same system as the LCT so once you learn how to properly adjust your dies for it and build the motion habits it runs the smoothest of the Lee progressives you can see that the primer is in the cup correctly before you ever move the loading lever if you are out of primers or you loaded one upside down it's inconvenient but not a problem that affects every station .
    The ABLP will not compete in production with presses like the Dillons or the LNLAP or a properly setup and operated Loadmaster. The ABLP is just an economical simple way to get a loaded round every pull of the lever they and they do this very well .
    And you don't need to walk to the back to set a bullet on the case

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Jaque Janaviac View Post
    Thanks guys. I have some more questions:

I looked up co-ax presses and found two. Frankfort Arsenal and Forster, neither one looks like a progressive press. Am I missing something? Why would I want a co-ax press if they're all single stage?

I'm familiar with Lee's 4-hole turret press and have loaded with that for years. However, I've never really dealt with a fully progressive press so I'm not sure what the advantages/disadvantages of 3 station vs. 4 station presses are. Is it similar to the 4-hole turret press which allows you to separate the seating and crimping procedure into two separate dies? I really found that to be an advantage with the turret press.
    I believe the ABLP is designed and marketed as a "step-up" for 4 hole turret press users like you.
    It's kitted/priced for all dies/powder measure/priming system/etc. to be transferred from a 4 sta. turret, with the only added item/expense being the shell plate to run.
    You then have the option of adding a case feeder and/or the Lee bullet feeder that has garnered a bad reputation in the past.
    just sayin'
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123