Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
WidenersLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Repackbox

Thread: Stocky's stocks

Stocky's stocks

I have a Rem. Model 700 BDL 22-250 that I had rebarreled with a Hart #2 stainless barrel. It's in a cheap plastic factory take-off stock that I paid $50. for. Does anyone have experience with Stocky's own make of composite stocks? They have an aluminum bedding block molded in and they claim it's drop-in. The company rep said a #2 contour is almost identical to the factory magnum caliber contour and still could take a bit of fitting in the barrel channel. I have no problem with a bit of sanding and fitting. At 2.85 lbs. they're on the heavy side compared to a foam filled or a carbon fiber model, but I need a better stock than the tupperware stock that's on it now. I'm looking at their Long Range Composite Sporter model for $199. plus $20. shipping. Thanks in advance.

I have that same stock for a Rem 700 Varmint profile 223. It added some weight over the wooden stock for sure. This is on a groundhog/range rifle, so I don't need to be worried about how heavy it is. If you are going from cheap plastic the weight change will be more drastic.

The fit of the action was very good. I do remember something about the fore end screw, but don't remember any more if I used theirs or my original.
    Happiness is a couple of 38's and a bucket of ammo.

Thanks slughammer. It's been in the safe for a long time because it didn't shoot so good, I assumed because of the plastic stock even though I glass bedded it. There's been some negative reviews on Stocky's stocks, but if you say the fit is good I think I'll go for it.

One more thing slughammer, I watched a review on these stocks on Youtube and a man complained the finish was rough and it felt like he was gripping 60 grit sandpaper. Do you find that's the case?

It is textured, but certainly not 60 grit. The colored finish has texture and the black web on it helps with gripping it. Granted a 12-1/2 lb 223 doesn't recoil enough to cheese grate my cheek. Maybe he found out he prefers polished stocks?

If you want I can pull it out of the safe this weekend and look at it closer.
    Happiness is a couple of 38's and a bucket of ammo.

Thanks, I'll take your word for it that it's not that rough. I think I'll go ahead and get one.

Fill the "Tupperware" stock with expandable foam. That's what I did with my Tikkas before they came out with the x3. If there is an accuracy problem, might need to change powders, check the crown, or change the boolit due to twist.

https://www.greatstuff.dupont.com/