RepackboxLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: NOE plain base over 1800fps

NOE plain base over 1800fps

I am interested in buying this mold and I was curious if we could be able to shoot it over 18 or 1900 ft./s even though it is a plain base design I would Will be PCing and using 50-50ww/pb for 90% of my shooting, what do you all think? I would love to have the GC design but he is out of the 5 cavity GC and I only buy the 5 cavity

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...oducts_id=4543

You intend to shoot it from what? I use similar in BO, 170 PB but haven't chronied it yet. I do push it hard.
    Whatever!

Mostly all of my 30.cals but 300blk and 7.62x39 mostly, my Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk has a really tight through and I would like something around the 150-170 with a flatnose to hunt with

Probably have to go to much harder alloy with the PB. 31-184C for softer alloy, PB version is 170ish gr., little shorter & no GC. Base is like 31-142C which I push to 2100 but hard alloy in 1:10 carbine.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Probably have to go to much harder alloy with the PB. 31-184C for softer alloy, PB version is 170ish gr., little shorter & no GC. Base is like 31-142C which I push to 2100 but hard alloy in 1:10 carbine.
    My experience shooting 30 caliber PB bullets tracks with this.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    I would agree with that in a regular lubed bullet, but I've got past 2000fps using PC PB ww-alloy bullets every time I tried it - which is only twice but there it is.

My HV alloy is basically 4% (max) Sb with some Cu added.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    I drive the Lee 158gr plain base at just over 2,200fps in my 357 max rifle with outstanding accuracy, I have driven it faster but this is the best load and cast are made with wheel weights and little tin added and coated with HI-Tec. Hope this helps. Regards Stephen

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Ruger ranch rifle in 300 blk out that I tried to use 31141 boolit in. It would not feed from mag unless boolit was seated way out, and then the nose of the boolit was jamming into rifling. The only way to get the flat nose to feed was to size the nose to .299 and base to .310. Too much work for me. I settled on the lee 155 gr And it works great.

Boolit Master
    Especially PC'd, I would think you plan will work.

Wouldn't need to have too much harder of an alloy if it is going to be PC'd. Make a few up and push them to your desired fps and then check everything out. If it's a mess, you might need to size a little bigger and cure the PC at a a little longer or higher temperature. Otherwise, should be good to go. I'm planning on sending some .405 Winchester slugs about 2200 fps with PC'd FNPBs. Good luck and stay safe.

Boolit Master
    43PU,
    Have you checked out Accurate or Arsenal molds?
    Bet they can help..