WidenersInline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
RepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2

Thread: Who makes the Thompson Center scopes?

Boolit Man

Who makes the Thompson Center scopes?

I bought a rifle that had a TC 4x32 scope on it but it is missing the turret caps. I figured a quick call to TC and there would be a couple on the way. Unfortunately, the customer support folks at TC do not have the caps and DO NOT KNOW WHO MADE THE SCOPE!!!!
    I tried Leupold caps but they do not fit and will try some others but I was hoping somebody here might know who made them. Anybody know?

Boolit Master
    It should be a Simmons.

Boolit Man
    That's what I'm finding too. Thanks for the response!

Boolit Man
    I called Simmons, which is now part of Bushnell and they are sending me two caps that may fit. While I could measure the od of the threaded part I could not measure the tpi since I believe it is metric. The gauge I have will measure from 4 tpi to 84 tpi and none of them would match up.

Boolit Man
    No joy with the turret caps from Bushnell/Simmons - they were much to large in diameter. So much for giving the guy accurate OD measurements. I called them again and spoke with a different customer service guy who claims that Simmons did not make the TC scopes and he has been with them for a long time. He did give me another number to call specifically for TC optics but they are closed until Jan. 2 or 3.
    I did take the scope to a LGS where they had current TC scopes in stock and tried a cap from one of those that did fit. The parts must be available somewhere somehow!

Boolit Master
    I own a couple of the TC ‘recoil proof’ riflescopes and based on their external features I’m pretty sure they were made by Bushnell.

FWIW I don’t know if they are “recoil proof” or not, but I can tell you they are optically garbage. So that further supports the assumption they are just rebadged low end Bushnell.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Man
    As I noted, I spoke with Bushnell/Simmons. The customer service guy that I spoke with claims Simmons did/does not make the TC scopes. Being that he also works for Bushnell, I would think he would have directed me to Bushnell parts if they would work. He did not so I am going to believe that Bushnell nor Simmons did not make the scopes.

Boolit Master
    Bushnell and Simmons used to be different companies until a few years ago.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.