Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Anyone use an annealeez?

Boolit Buddy

Anyone use an annealeez?

I’m looking at getting one here soon and I haven’t heard much about them. Seen the YouTube videos and that’s about it. All in all they look great to me especially that you can load it and let it do it’s thing, so I could deprive or size etc not walk out of the room. And for $275 it looks like a decently priced option. Any thoughts?
    I'll keep my guns and my money, you can keep the change!

Μολὼν λάβε

Boolit Mold
    A friend has one and I borrowed it for annealing 300bo. It works like they describe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like mine and it has extended brass life. No complaints.
    "An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out." Will Rogers

Boolit Master

I use a similar annealing machine and anneal every other firing, works great!

Boolit Buddy
    I really wanted to build one myself. Even started accumulating parts. But it got relegated to the bottom of the "ToDo" list. When I started converting brass it got moved to the top, but my patience meter pegged so I bought one online and am completely satisfied with it. And I think it was well worth it for me. I may or may-not have need it to convert 223 to 7.62X40 but it made me feel better about it. And after I retire I can maybe tinker my own design together and sell this one, who knows. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get my next conversion chambered and Dies made. As for info, Youtube is good, but so is the Annealeez website.

Boolit Buddy
    Ok thanks everyone, that will be my next big purchase after a Dillon 550
    I'll keep my guns and my money, you can keep the change!

Μολὼν λάβε

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by b money View Post
    Buy a 650 instead of the 550. Just bought one - case feeder - it works and like why didn’t I have one before. I graduate from my 550 - that will be go down the road - not for sale.

And yes - thumbs up for an Annealeez. I have an extra set of small/short wheels - for Sale when you get your annealer.

Buy Tempilaq at McMaster-Carr. Cheapest I have seen.

Geoff in Oregon

I bought mine about a year and a half ago and love it. I've annealed thousands of rounds of brass so far with good results. I find that you have to monitor rimmed cases (.303, .30-30, etc.) as sometimes the rims will stick behind the rotating wheels, but it works flawlessly with rimless cases ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Reverend Al - Would either standing the wheels off the casing of the Annealeze or chamfering the wheels to give some space for the rims help that issue, maybe? Something to not let them get stuck there. I don't have one (yet) but considering it

Quite probably, but to be honest due to lack of time and too many other projects I've been lazy and just feed them a few at a time and monitor their progress through the large wheels at their factory supplied location ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by b money View Post
    I purchased my first Dillon 450 bach when the company just formed. I owned 2 - 550's for years so when I tell you do yourself a big favor and save up a few more $$ and buy a 650. I promise you won't regret it. I now run 2 - 650's. Don't get me wrong the 550 is a good press, but accessories were an afterthought and they have problems. The 650's case feeder will handle cases the the 550 will not. The 650 is a safer press because it has an extra station where a powder check can be installed or a bullet feeder to make it even faster. Look on it as a lifetime investment and when you look back that little extra spent will seem like nothing.

Boolit Master
    i have an MRB Annealer, works like the Annealeez. I do like it and depending on brass and neck expander 'feel', I anneal every 1 to 3 firings. Just turn the machine on, stack the brass and do something else. I have done the tipping over in water and also have an Anneal-Rite but this machine just works without manually feeding each case or overheating, very quick and convenient.