Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Two deer downed in one morning

Boolit Bub

Two deer downed in one morning

I joined my family "up north" for a deer hunt in Mifflin County, Pennsylvania. The young buck walked by the spot where I was sitting on the ground partially hidden by laurels. Shot distance was about 30 yards. Later on, we organized a couple deer drives and I shot this doe as it bounded past my post. Distance was about 45 yards. One shot through the chest organs did the job in each case. I really like the penetration and performance of 170 grain Power Point ammo. 30-30 is a keeper!

Hitting running deer is not so hard if you practice shooting at rolling softballs. It's all about lead distance, sight picture, and trigger control. Typically, I like to place my scope on the 2X setting when part of a deer drive because this provides the widest view of things.

I've enjoyed some fun travels for hunting this past season. But during the winter months I plan on a wild hog hunt or two right here in Florida.

TR

Boolit Master
    Nice shooting at a running deer, the ones I’ve seen look like a streak of lightning around here and not very close either. We use to shoot at moving targets on rail tracks at 100 and 300 yards running 35mph. Quite a challenge, but with practice quite doable, with a lot of practice. Nice shooting.