Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: Apple phones

in Remebrance

Apple phones

When my wife passed on I got her iPhone. Been trying to figure what model it is, was told by a friend it's either a 7plus or an 8plus. How do I tell the difference? I know I'll have to go to the store to get it set up, been thinking about doing that as the quality is so much better than my Samsung Rugby Pro. Only thing is it won't fit in my shirt pocket. Appreciate any advice or pointers. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

USMC 77, USRA 79

There is a number printed on the back of the phone that you should be able to look up and will give you the details... it will look like a serial number, but it is actually the model number....

Good luck sir... hopefully the phone isn’t locked...
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Moderator Emeritus

GW when in doubt call your carrier.....they knew....had to call Verizon and they answered my question on my wife's Apple and my Droid.....good luck brother!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

in Remebrance
    Apparently a 6S plus. As I said a lot better than my Samsung, once I get used to it. We were both on AT&T so I'll go check it out Monday. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Master

Just switched to an iPhone 10 only because of a promotion ATT was offering. I thought I was in another country! Not too bad though. Main differences between an Android and iPhone are 1) There is only one volume setting for everything 2)iPhone does not have indicator lights on face and 3)the "OS". Other than having to change my number after 14 years. it was worth it to get away from Google.
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    iPhones are the best. Use them in my company and most family members have them. With Verizon calling is cheap and between users calls are free.

Watch the 10X phone. Apple switched from Qualcom chips to some cheaper ChiCom ones and the connectivity is the pits. Had 2 of them and took them back for the previous version. 10X had 2 bars and older ones had FULL bars!!!!! Major problems with comm chip set in 10X.

banger

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    iPhones are the best. Use them in my company and most family members have them. With Verizon calling is cheap and between users calls are free.

Watch the 10X phone. Apple switched from Qualcom chips to some cheaper ChiCom ones and the connectivity is the pits. Had 2 of them and took them back for the previous version. 10X had 2 bars and older ones had FULL bars!!!!! Major problems with comm chip set in 10X.

banger
    Good observation. Now it's got me wondering because I still have till the 20th to exchange phone. The platform for mine is:

Platform
    OS iOS 12, upgradable to iOS 12.1
    Chipset Apple A12 Bionic (7 nm)
    CPU Hexa-core (2x2.5 GHz Vortex + 4x1.6 GHz Tempest)
    GPU Apple GPU (4-core graphics)

From what I read it has the same CPU as the 10S and 10S max, correct me if I'm wrong. Also found out that my phone is just the glorified version of the 9!
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

On my iPhone 5 if you go to settings then to general it will list the SN and other info about the phone . I stay with the 5 till it dies as I don't want anything bigger in my front pants pocket . I don't think I could ever switch to android phone my woman has one and I can't make heads or tails on how to do stuff on it
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RU shooter View Post
    On my iPhone 5 if you go to settings then to general it will list the SN and other info about the phone . I stay with the 5 till it dies as I don't want anything bigger in my front pants pocket . I don't think I could ever switch to android phone my woman has one and I can't make heads or tails on how to do stuff on it

I'm with you on the size. My 5 would no longer get updates. I just got a refurbished iPhone SE. Same size as the 5 but with the same processor as the 7 for around $230.00. All I had to do was back up my 5 to the laptop change the sim card to the SE and then backup the SE to the laptop. Easy Peasy.

Banned

The SE is an I6 in an I5 Body.
    Mine cost $145 new at Walmart
    I like small phones
    I like 3.5mm jack
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_SE

Boolit Master
    For any military members or veterans considering purchase of an iPhone, Apple does offer a discount. You don't hear much about it, but it is available.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post

banger
    Apple Chips are made in both China and Germany. Internally there is some effort to shift the production to predominantly German made.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.