MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
PBcastco Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nagant revolver

Boolit Master
    I used the lee die set and it worked great for me. Ism using ppu factory brass to reload and lee’s .314 diameter 90 gr swc. You have to look at your ppu brass there is two different kind. One has a grove right above the rim they are easy to reload and find a shell holder that fits. The older ppu brass dosent have the grove above the rim so finding a shell holder that fits sucks unless you make one to fit.you also can take the brass put it in a drill and make a grove with a hack saw blade. Only have to do this once. I loaded the Nagant like 32 long. I also shot 32 h & r mags lead cowboy loads that shot good. It buldge the brass but put in in the lee sizer and it’s ready to go again to reload. The 32 H&R mag shot then resized with the lee die and reloaded shoot a little better . It fire forms to the cylinder and works great after that. The factory ammo is around 18,00 to 20,000 psi. I have read of not to go over 11,000. That’s some of the lower new levels of some ammo but factory was and is much hotter.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lion View Post
    does anyone knows the powder LOVEX?
    Like others here I know Lovex, but have no experience with their pistol powders in a Nagant revolver. I am more cautious with my 1944 Nagant than others here. There's no way I would shoot 32 Mag loads in mine. I personally have seen a couple of Nagants for sale that were "missing" the cylinders. 11,000 psi to 20,000 psi is a long jump. Loading at 32 S&W Long pressure levels as has already been mentioned is good for me.

Since we are on the subject of Nagant Pistols, where can I get brass for it nowadays? My daughter bought me some new brass a few years ago, but I am not seeing any currently available anywhere (Grafs, midway etc.) Do I have to suck it up and buy factory ammo just to get the brass? Thanks.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Buddy
    Reloading for Nagant is a work of love I use once fired brass; size it with 30Car sizing die, seat bullet with 32-20 seating die with 25-20 stem so bullet is below the case mouth and then close it with 32-20 crimp die. That way I still get the gas seal that revolver been designed for. I load 98 gr DEWC from Graf's over 2.5 gr of Titegroup for average of 810 fps. More accurate than factory PPU ammo

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    WRideout - https://ammoseek.com/reloading/brass...agant-revolver Powder Valley has new PPU brass $35.44/100

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sheesh View Post
    WRideout - https://ammoseek.com/reloading/brass...agant-revolver Powder Valley has new PPU brass $35.44/100
    Thanks. I just checked; they are out of stock already.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Mold
    take a .223 brass,cut of the shoulder,press it into a M1 sizer die,and remove the bulge with a lathe or file and you have a perfect nagant brass with a rim

Boolit Mold
    is 9mm luger the same as 9 mm para.Been told,the 9 para is to strong for the Luger pistol?????

take a .223 brass,cut of the shoulder,press it into a M1 sizer die,and remove the bulge with a lathe or file and you have a perfect nagant brass with a rim
    How does this have a rim that will work in a Nagant pistol? .223 is rimless isn't it? And the 7.62X38 take a .32 caliber bullet.
    Steve
    "The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
    Life member NRA, USPSA, ISRA
    Life member AF&AM 294

is 9mm luger the same as 9 mm para.Been told,the 9 para is to strong for the Luger pistol?????
    Same cartridge. Years ago, one could find WWll German surplus 9mm that was marked "nur fur Machinenpistole," which was for sub machine guns and would damage a handgun. Doubt you will run into that today. Any commercial 9mm Parabellum/Luger is ok in your Luger.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12