Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: MUST SEE! Mech Tech Carbine Caliber Upper Santa Are You Listening?

Vendor Sponsor

MUST SEE! Mech Tech Carbine Caliber Upper Santa Are You Listening?

This is about the coolest thing since sliced bread!

You install this 16" barreled upper onto your Glock, XD, or 1911 frame and you have an instant carbine in many many of your favorite calibers!

You don't need an FFL to buy one or ship one, they are under $450, which there isn't much at all in the AR world for $450 that's as much fun.

You can go to http://mechtechsys.com/ and "build your own CCU" with the options available.

255gr 45 Super runs 1097 from a pistol (938ft/lb) it may run 1325 from this barrel? That is exactly 460 Rowland ballistics right there, 1300ft/lb energy.

255gr 460 Rowland runs 1300 from a pistol, 1550 from this barrel? 1844ft/lb energy. This would be some SERIOUS bear medicine!

I am sure this has been mentioned here before but I have not seen it..

Last edited by DougGuy; 12-12-2018 at 10:28 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy
    Yup, I've got an old original in 1911 .45, and one of the newer ones in Glock 40, definitely a lot of fun.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Master

I like the idea , but the price is the hold up , have a thompson semi auto , have some hi points ugly but fun and function with all my cast , yes I would like to put my 1911 or a glock so I can use same magazines . But I can build ar15 for less then the mech techs , so I will pass . thanks for posting it though .

Boolit Master
    I have an early model from 15 years ago +/- for the 1911 frame. The stock is a wire type, the only type at the time. My only negative thing to say is that wire stock amplifies the sound of the recoil system- PING! PING! A bit distracting and annoying. They had an insert available that fit inside that wire opening and was supposed to help reduce the noise. I didn’t want to put any more money into it. But I must say, they are a lot of fun.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    Bought a 40cal glock one one several years ago. Modded the back end so I could use a uzi folding stock on it.

Boolit Master

I have a 15+ year old one in 40. Horrible stock on the original but amazing accuracy!

I was aware of them 3-4 years ago. Looked at them hard. But in the end went with Hipoint Carbines in 9mm, .40sw, and .45acp.

Cheaper, full guns, no issues or worries if my pistol frame is exactly enough like the model they list that it will work without issues.

For 350$ you can get a very good carbine from Hipoint. With lifetime warranty, free parts if you need them. And very reasonably priced Magazines and accessory's.

How do you put a foregrip on a mechtech? Bipod?

Yes they are cool, but for me their price point dulls their coolness factor.

Boolit Master
    Yes a high point is cheaper. Not going to knock them as junk, but it really is apples and oranges to compare them to something else. High point your stuck w those single stack low cap mags. You can stuff a drum in a mechtech. High point aint exactly known for their match triggers. Mech tech whatever match glock trigger you want to use. Or use a 1911 and get a really nice trigger. Can't say the 2 high point carbines I had were real accurate, the mech tech is. And I only remember paying like $350 for the mech tech upper, already had everything else. And slap a slide on still have a pistol.

I keep looking at the 460 rowland, I bet those are smoking w a 16 in barrel.

Boolit Master

Yes a hi point is cheaper , yes the trigger is not a match but most of us are not putting match triggers in our pistols or pistol caliber carbine , single stack and 9-10 rounds does not bother me , my thompson takes a drum or stick mags , I am not out to overheat the barrel .
    Like to aim and take my time , my hi points have been pretty accurate and fun , does it for me , but then I shoot blackhawks at longer ranges for fun and they only hold 6.
    Not knocking the mech tech and not knocking the hi points , but I think the mech techs could be lower in price as they are not a serial numbered item as you are already have the serial numbered item which already has the magazine and trigger group .

In its way the mech techs are like a ar switch uppers on same lower , but for cost it looks like a ar pistol caliber carbine is the way to go and put a match trigger in if you want.
    Oh I paid like 250 average for the 3 hi points I bought a few years ago and paid about the same for the 3 I will be picking up this coming week, So I like the interchangeable magazine idea but since mine do not I have use of the pistol and the carbine at the same time .
    And there is 20 round magazines out for the 9mm and the 45acp hi points , so enjoy what you shoot , I enjoy what I shoot ,plenty of room for all of them and more diversity and enjoyment .

I have looked at these off and on for awhile and may at some point decide to buy one , though I also think it might be something one could build at home.