Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yellowstone Park

Boolit Master

Beautiful country in and around Yellowstone Park. I was raised not far from there in east ID. In my experience, by far, the most reliable trout lures from a spinning rod, for those Intermountain lakes and streams are the Thomas "Buoyant" spoons. Either the rainbow trout pattern or the copper "Colorado" pattern.

If fishing streams with them, cast upstream and reel them downstream. Usually one or the other pattern will work.

As was mentioned, look closely at fishing regs regarding number of hooks and barbs. I have snipped off barbs where required.

Boolit Master
    I live near Cody which is the east entrance. I do not go to the park ever. We are blessed with lots of wild country not overrun with people. I do require solitude and quiet, your needs may be different

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by jednorris View Post
    My wife and I would like to travel from North Carolina to Yellowstone Park to do some fishing. I have tried several ways to get information, but it is all generic. We would like to fish with spinning outfits from lake or stream shore. We do not mind renting a boat if necessary, but we are both in our 70's and want easy fishing. I am not too concerned about accommodations, but a lakeside cabin would be perfect. We would plan to stay a week or less and rent a car from the nearest airport. We cannot handle a flyrod and are not interested in boating down river. Can anyone give me an approximate area to start looking.
    I have been to Yellowstone at least seven times. There are many streams that are close to the road for easy access. Many, do not allow hardware to be fished,and are fly fishing only. Be sure to check the regs.only two lakes allow boats,or watercraft of any type. Yellowstone Lake,and Lewis Lake.You can hire a charter on Yellowstone, my son and I did,and we caught lots of Lakers, and cutthroats. If you do rent, make sure you read the boating regulations. The water there is very cold, most deaths in Yellowstone is from drowning. I have stayed in many a different accommodation both in and out of the Park. If you like PM and we can talk.
    Smoke will make your eyes burn, but only people, can make you cry !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12