Thread: My season is over

Boolit Master

My season is over

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3B696DBC-7056-48ED-879F-6B2DB762F8C5.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	231983

This morning the sun came out, it was 29 degrees (instead of yesterday’s 18) and a great day to get out of the house and into the blind. I sat down, fired up the heater and watched the squirrels conduct squirrel business.
    About 9:00 this gentleman came slipping through a stand of small beech trees @75 yards uphill and I got the binoculars on him then promptly put them down and grabbed my rifle. When he stepped into a clear shooting lane I touched off 100gr of Scheutzen FFg under a 320gr Lee REAL that I cast last Fall. Thru the smoke I watched him topple over, try to get up and lay down. I gave him 20 minutes to expire and for my heart to settle down. Then the dragging began... Rifle is a .50Cal TC Thunderhawk using #11 caps and peepsights.

I also took a doe during our early season with my 1894 Marlin in .44Mag using an NOE/Ranch Dog 270gr WFN over 2400 and a second doe in last weeks season using my .45/70 TC Katahdin with an NOE/Ranch Dog 360gr FN over Varget. Taking game with your own cast boolits sure is more economical than the six point I got in Archery season with a $12 broadhead on a $10 arrow. That one sailed thru and left for parts unknown.

Anyway, the freezer will be full in just a bit. The little woman loves venison so she’s happy and I’m going to start casting next years bullets.

Vendor Sponsor

Congrats .. A full freezer and a happy wife makes life easier
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master
    Love hearing your story. Well done.

Boolit Master
    Congrats! & Good eating!

Have a Merry Christmas too!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

lumenok will help with retrieving those string flingers. Nice work on the full freezer.

Boolit Master

Good to have a full freezer after deer season. Now you just have to get it empty before next season.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Very nice...he's a beaut.

congrats

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.
    Not all who wander....are lost.
    "Common Sense" is like a flower. It doesn't grow in everyone's garden.

If more government is the answer, then it was a really stupid question. - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Yes casting your own and loading what you want will save you a lot of money. Now that season is about over, with a freezer full, time to get to casting, reloading and shooting. Nice buck.

Boolit Master
    Nice job! Congrats on the fresh venison.

Congratulations!
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Nice buck and great shooting , I'm pretty well done for the year also . Freezer is just about full , I still have a doe tag if my sister wants one . Time to start working on some tree rats .
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

You guys in places where you can take multiple deer are killing me. I can get a decent tag every 2 or 3 years and have a chance at one deer.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Boolit Master
    Well thats a pretty good way to finish the sesson, nice buck! On the arrows, I used to rabbit hunt with a longbow and cedar. Didn't cost that much but the rabbit habbitat around here eats arrows.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

Good Job on the buck. Good story. I'm right there with you during the moment and that makes a great story. You had a very good season sounds like. Now get to casting for next season.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Master
    congrats on a nice buck and the freezer being full.the wife and I are headed out in the morning,we still need 3 or4 to make it thru the year

Boolit Grand Master

Good morning and Congratulations !I totally agree a 10 cent slug if far cheaper than sharp pointy shafts.
    But unless absolutely needed I use $1 aluminum shafts and what ever "old last year model" broadhead. At least if it away the lost shaft cost is down to $2 each. I hunt river bottoms with recurves so ranges are usually short. Never had a "cheap shaft" fail me.
    But if you have to launch at distances then good "flyers" are the best.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Way to go!

Boolit Master
    Thanks guys!

My shoulder makes Rice Krispy noises these days when I shoot the stick n strings. So the last few years it’s been ye olde crossbow. That thing would fling an arrow and broadhead thru a buffalo!

Quote Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
    You guys in places where you can take multiple deer are killing me. I can get a decent tag every 2 or 3 years and have a chance at one deer.
    Where I hunt in KY it is unlimited does.... it is nice killing 7-8 a year is not uncommon

Rick where in Wv are you from?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 43PU View Post
    Rick where in Wv are you from?
    I’m in the Northern part of Kanawha County, with a base license we can take a buck during gun season, with extra tags available, an either sex deer during archery season with extra tags available, an either sex deer during muzzle loader with extra tags. For antlerless we can purchase three permits. But we can only take a total of three antlered deer per year. Bag limits vary by county. There aren’t a lot of large deer in the area I hunt but if you go to counties with a lot of agriculture you can see some big ones.

I feel blessed to have the time, health and opportunity to spend time afield and this year was blessed with a successful season.