RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load Data

Thread: Good deals on reloading components

Boolit Master

Good deals on reloading components

Anyone else seeing really good deals lately? More and more at gun shows and online I've been seeing some giveaway prices on stuff here and there.

Bad timing for me. I've been going through a process for a while now, trying to downsize and back out to focus on other priorities in life. It's hard to pass up a bunch of fresh powder for $10/lb; 800X, H110 and Win 760, or a couple 8lb jugs of 4895 for $90 each, primers for $10 to $15 per brick, and super prices on bullets and brass.

Over the years we've all seen people getting out of whatever they're into and selling off all their stuff at fire-sale rates. It happens from time to time, but for a better part of the last decade whenever anyone wanted to sell off their gun stuff they could pretty much blow it out at retail.

I've seen so many good deals lately that if I wasn't focused on downsizing myself I'd end up spending a lot of money and really stocking up.

Haven't seen any deals around here, actually the prices keep getting higher..

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    I've seen so many good deals lately that if I wasn't focused on downsizing myself I'd end up spending a lot of money and really stocking up.
    So Where Are You??? I'd like to take up the slack. LOL
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master

Western Oregon. Maybe I've just been in the right place at the right time. I have bought some powder, primers, and bullets, but not nearly so much as I could have if I'd have had pocketfuls of cash that I was willing to spend.

Boolit Buddy
    Have not come across many deals, like that, around here.

Boolit Grand Master
    Nothing like that around here either!!

Boolit Master

I'd like to see some aggressive pricing locally however it still far better than when we couldn't find anything.
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

It's a cycle. Political cycle. Be aware. JW

I picked up a Lyman 450 at a gun show last weekend for $10. Had a sizing die and a top punch in it.

Boolit Master

I guess it must have been coincidence then and not a trend. I found some great deals on odds and ends at a gun show I went to a couple months ago, then a bunch more at the next one I went to last weekend. I don't go to many shows anymore so that's all I know. Then I bought some stuff from a guy nearby selling off his gear. I bought some blowout priced powder and primers but could have bought a lot more, from both him and at least two vendors at the show. One guy was blowing out a table full of powder for $8 to $10 per can, another dealer had a table full for around $15/lb average. I stood next to a guy who made a deal with a vendor for 6 bricks of Winchester primers for $60 total. It was really weird after the craziness of the past decade.

Boolit Grand Master
    Even though I have almost a life time supply of primers and powder, I would buy more if it was a real deal. Things will get bad again and what I do not use I can sell/barter.

Lately .22 LR has been under $.04 a round, I wonder how many of those who complained about supply and prices a couple of years ago are stocking up. They will be complaining again when prices go back up. Some people have no extra money to invest but others make poor decisions and whine afterwards.

What is that saying, "You can learn from history or be doomed to repeat it."
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Local gunshop here here as factory 2nd-Blemish CCI Small Pistol Primers 19.99 a brick of 1,000.

Reminds me I need to go pickup some more.