Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell me about the 25-35 WCF

Attachment 232208Attachment 232209Attachment 232210I have a win. 94 made in 1909 that my father in law gave me before he passed. I t has a marbles peep and original front sight but shoots left a couple inches at 100 yards, I need to drift the front sight to correct this as the marbles doesn't have windage adjustment.
    I bought RCBS dies and have made some brass from 30-30 but don't have the process perfected.

It is a pleasure to shoot as its not all that loud and recoil is light, I haven't taken a deer or antelope with it yet but plan to soon. It's a gun I will never sell or trade as it meant a lot to me that my father in law new I was the " gun guy " and would actually use it instead of taking it to a pawn shop for a few bucks.

Jedman
    Last edited by Jedman; 12-17-2018 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Add pics

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    BigEyeBob, the number I have here is 0.135", let me check though... Hmmm measures at 0.125" using the cheap calipers I could find at this hour.

Jedman, that rifle is a treasure.
    Francis Sell wrote some great articles on hunting lever action guns; he developed an improved 25-35 called the Tomcat if I remember right. It was built on a rechambered Marlin 36A if I recall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Great thing also is that brass is easy to find, unlike some of my other leverguns.
    https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...ategoryId/679?

South of the Equator and North of Capricorn
    Thanks .I went down to the workshop last night and tried the 357 fls die and just adjusted it and run a few federal cases through until i just got a slight ring further down the case . Then annealled and run them into the 25-35fls die using some lanolin/alcohol spray .Let the spray dry off ,but still got wrinkles at the shoulder .I cleaned the die out and changed to graphite powder and had better success .I have 200 new PPU 30-30 cases .The federals were just some extras for testing . Any will keep at it Thanks for the information .

Boolit Master
    I always knew .32-40 was almost imposable to get . I have been making them out of .30-30. with all this talk of .25-35 I have been checking and stuff is just as hard to get. rcbs dropped the best mold. brass I can make. I did get the jump on .32 Winchester spl. got a bunch of brass and a good rcbs 170 gr. fn mold. that mold will work for the .32-40. as long as they make .30-30 I will be ok.

South of the Equator and North of Capricorn
    Quote Originally Posted by bob208 View Post
    I always knew .32-40 was almost imposable to get . I have been making them out of .30-30. with all this talk of .25-35 I have been checking and stuff is just as hard to get. rcbs dropped the best mold. brass I can make. I did get the jump on .32 Winchester spl. got a bunch of brass and a good rcbs 170 gr. fn mold. that mold will work for the .32-40. as long as they make .30-30 I will be ok.
    Yes ,some of the shops here in Oz have them listed but noted "out of stock no back order" the only other options are the aftermarket brass producers , Bertram Brass here in Oz might have some . 32-20 is becoming scarce here as well ,but I picked up some Remington and Starline a while back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12