Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: proper lubrication

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by largom View Post
    I use the Imperial die wax. I don't apply it directly to the case but rub a LITTLE bit between my fore finger and thumb. I can then apply a thin coating on the case including the neck. Have been using the same can of Imperial now for 10 yrs. and still have plenty left after many thousands of cases.
    Larry
    I do the same way, with the same results!

Banned

I use Lee Case lube on all of my bottleneck cases. If you leave the cases to dry, this lube on the shoulder won't matter. If you keep the lube off the shoulder you can size them right away. I've done both with no problems, if you do dent the shoulder you can fire form it back into proper shape. I have gotten lube on the shoulders slightly and didn't dent the shoulder.
    As for the inside of the neck, I always lube the inside of the neck to keep the neck mandrel from getting stuck.

Lube dents in the shoulder arent anything to worry about. First of all, they wont hurt nothing and will iron right out when fired. Second, if you get them, just back off the amount of lube you're using on the neck/shoulder a smidge. Cleaning your die will help stop it if you start getting dents. Anytime you clean your die, use a heavier amount of lube on the first case or lube the die to help keep it from being sticky. I've gotten a few lube dents here and there using imperial.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12