Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TV repairs

Boolit Master

Remember when 3D was the hot new thing in TV? Your set was OBSOLETE if it wasn't 3D. Well the market sure killed that. I just did a 3D TV search on Amazon and ONE 3DTV came up, old stock from 2012.

4K will fare better. On the hardware side, the 720p low-end will go away, the new low-end will be 1080p/"full hd" and the norm will become 4K. Programming will catch up, mostly, not all programming is even 1080p at the moment. I will buy a 4K TV at some point... when one of my 1080p screens die, now that prices have come down.

Cable is the worst deal in programming. I set up my HDTV antennas and was blown away by how sharp the picture was on the local news broadcast. I already had 2 settop boxes and subscriptions for them. Then when I called Comcast to cancel everything but Internet I asked them what resolution/compression their HD programming was in. I immediately got a scripted response of "OK I'll look into that but first I need to..."

"no I need to know what resolution"

"but first"

"but first"

Then I canceled cable programming.

A friend has a Fire TV stick with apps loaded that get "free" local broadcast channels. They are rebroadcasts of TV stations from hobbyists and sketchy outfits. When one App content dies or the App gets kicked off the Fire TV stick, he gets another. I guess this is OK if you're really cheap. The resolution is roughly 480p and there are significant lags and glitches. I'd rather pay for Hulu and get decent streaming content in 1080p, but he is more budget sensitive than I am, and more thrilled about the bargain of getting local stations (circumventing the broadcaster's and FCC's blackout areas) from anywhere. I get all the local stations that are local, from 2 states, but I had to climb up in the attic to do so. No lags or glitches, though.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Banned

I think 720 is already dead. I didn't see one even at Walmart. Maybe some left overs on ebay but they probably have to about give them away. Like I said even 4k 55 inch units can be bought for under 300 bucks if you catch them on sale. heck you tech nuts cant even find a phone that exceptable to you for 300 bucks and pay more then my dish bill for there phone service. Anyone in the world can call and talk to me on my flip phone that was free and the 100 bucks a year I pay for prepaid minutes and the 50 bucks a month my land line costs with unlimited long distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by HangFireW8 View Post
    Remember when 3D was the hot new thing in TV? Your set was OBSOLETE if it wasn't 3D. Well the market sure killed that. I just did a 3D TV search on Amazon and ONE 3DTV came up, old stock from 2012.

4K will fare better. On the hardware side, the 720p low-end will go away, the new low-end will be 1080p/"full hd" and the norm will become 4K. Programming will catch up, mostly, not all programming is even 1080p at the moment. I will buy a 4K TV at some point... when one of my 1080p screens die, now that prices have come down.

Cable is the worst deal in programming. I set up my HDTV antennas and was blown away by how sharp the picture was on the local news broadcast. I already had 2 settop boxes and subscriptions for them. Then when I called Comcast to cancel everything but Internet I asked them what resolution/compression their HD programming was in. I immediately got a scripted response of "OK I'll look into that but first I need to..."

"but first"

"but first"

Then I canceled cable programming.

A friend has a Fire TV stick with apps loaded that get "free" local broadcast channels. They are rebroadcasts of TV stations from hobbyists and sketchy outfits. When one App content dies or the App gets kicked off the Fire TV stick, he gets another. I guess this is OK if you're really cheap. The resolution is roughly 480p and there are significant lags and glitches. I'd rather pay for Hulu and get decent streaming content in 1080p, but he is more budget sensitive than I am, and more thrilled about the bargain of getting local stations (circumventing the broadcaster's and FCC's blackout areas) from anywhere. I get all the local stations that are local, from 2 states, but I had to climb up in the attic to do so. No lags or glitches, though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123