Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some people.....

Boolit Master

Some people.....

Just don't have any couth at all. I walked down to my MIL house just a few minutes ago. She lives one block away. Almost across from her house is a big yellow street sign. I was watching traffic so I could cross the road, but on the way back to the house I noticed a big .45 cal hole in the sign, from the rear. It was on the other side of the road, but there ain't no telling how far it went or what it hit past the sign. I didn't see a gash on the neighbor's bricked up mail box, so who knows where it went.....And we're in a city, not a rural area at all.
    Last edited by Tom W.; 12-10-2018 at 01:50 PM.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

In Remembrance

You should be in Detroit where a street sign with only 1 bullet hole in it is a rarity!Robert

Boolit Master
    That stuff is for the birds. Nobody has a right to recklessly endanger others health or property in anything less than a life or death situation. My gripes are a lot less than that here in St. Louis. I just want people to use turn signals here. Its like that paragraph was left out of the Driver's Ed handbook here.

Boolit Master

July 4th is a tough time to be in the city...
    shooters always using real ammo...
    shooting into the sky blasting holes...
    not one care in the world for the bullet's return flight.

Had a 9mm hole through the 1st floor office window...
    across the room and into a hard back book on the shelf once...
    surmised w/LEO that the bullet flight was a fairly flat parabola...
    not difficult to determine from where it originated...
    just impossible to determine from whom.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    From what I've seen, using turn signals is just a suggestion......

I looked to see if anyone shot at our house, but I saw no holes in my car.......
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    I thought that was a off the beaten path thing that only happened in the rural areas .

I always thought road signs came from the factory with 'extra' holes, haven't seen many without them in rural areas. Maybe the 'night' shooters can see them better?
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Here in LaFollette,we have a nice little park in the middle of town.Has a clock on a pole.Really nice.Just after it was installed some idiot shot it with a .22.IIRC it cost about $2000.00 to repair.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Don't you know some poor innocent soul (moooron) was driving along when that nasty road sign attacked him and he had to shoot it in self defense. We have a lot of attack signs in Colorado or it would seem with all of the holes in them.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

My nephew thought the best way to get sparrows off Granny's Purple Martin house porch was with a .22 rifle. That bird house looked like the Bonnie &Clyde death car. I guess I'm the only one who dared to warm his britches over that. I'm his favorite uncle to this day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

How did we, as kids with guns, survive?
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Where I used to live before, I found spent 22 bullets in my garage, they went through the wall and one put a slight dent on the passenger door, the other one went through the wall and inbedded into a cardboard box. The cops said they found evidence of some kids target practicing across the river. The cops seemed to indicate they knew the kids and they were talked to about gun safety. Anyway, it never happened again

Boolit Master
    we have a 4 way stop at the corner of our property,every time they put new stop signs up the local idiots fill them full of holes

Boolit Master

A friend of mine once found some .22 holes in a road sign and caught some neighbor kids shooting across the road without a good backstop. He went and chewed them out; his house was in line with the sign. Some time later the vet found a .22 slug in the rump of one of his horses. His horse pasture was in line, through the trees, of where they were again shooting without a backstop. He called the cops that time, and the kids lost their guns and got community service.

I had someone tell me once that things like midnight bashing of rural mailboxes and shooting roadsigns was "normal kid stuff", and just part of growing up. I don't see it that way at all. I never did that stuff. It's criminal, delinquent behavior, and I'll be seriously disappointed if one of my kids ever does something like that.

Boolit Master
    In my youth I shot squirrels out of trees with a 22 , and I never thought about the bullet falling back down , thank goodness I grew up in the sticks .

Boolit Grand Master

I've never worried too much about a spent bullet falling and maybe I should have. Don't take this statement wrong, I'm extremely careful about back stops and whats beyond the target. But, I do have more respect for a bullet flying under power. Signs? Around here a sign never survives the wide farm equipment being moved for long enough to get shot! A 32ft disc, even folded up, is wider than most roads. Lots of combines have 30ft or wider headers. Take a guy on a tractor talking on a cell phone and you get the picture!

Boolit Master
    Same thing here with phone pedistles or boxes bush hog right over them and don’t even here noise.

Boolit Master
    if it don't have a hole in it the sign is in somebody's garage or room. signs are nothing some one shot up the solar farm behind our place. that costs way more then a road sign. cops were all over our field looking for bullet impacts. they were steel core .30 bullets. we think some moron got a m-n and some surplus ammo and was shooting on the next hill top. about 1000 yds away.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    you can hear gun fire almost half the nights around here. this was a nice neighborhood at one time but i guess old man used to be is dead and gone. i don't think they are shooting at someone most of the time just shooting. had a child killed a few years back from a round coming back down.

That's why when your in the city your weapon of choice for street signs should be a shotgun with bird shot !!!��
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast