Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some people.....

Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    I had someone tell me once that things like midnight bashing of rural mailboxes and shooting roadsigns was "normal kid stuff", and just part of growing up. I don't see it that way at all. I never did that stuff. It's criminal, delinquent behavior, and I'll be seriously disappointed if one of my kids ever does something like that.
    I agree.

Boolit Master
    I never did shoot signs or bash mail boxes. I guess it was a flaw in my upbringing.

we did put a stp to the mailbox baseball though. the was a bad rash of it. so at the weld shop I was working at we made mailboxes out of 1/2 inch steel plate. the post master had to check them out. he said he would like to be there when they hit the first one. that first week the hospital had three broken wrists. it tapered off real quick after that.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hossfly View Post
    Same thing here with phone pedistles or boxes bush hog right over them and don’t even here noise.
    Yeah, all of those purdy colored wires sure do look messy after they meet Mr Bush Hog!

Boolit Master
    The parish ditch crew here this summer found the main phone line, 100 pair, and 4 hours later its fixed by local phone co. Amazing. I cut my line in middle of driveway, dragging box blade and it took 3 weeks to get them out to fix. Lucky, now DSL works better than ever, tho still slow.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by bob208 View Post
    I never did shoot signs or bash mail boxes. I guess it was a flaw in my upbringing.

we did put a stp to the mailbox baseball though. the was a bad rash of it. so at the weld shop I was working at we made mailboxes out of 1/2 inch steel plate. the post master had to check them out. he said he would like to be there when they hit the first one. that first week the hospital had three broken wrists. it tapered off real quick after that.

I LOVE IT!!!!
    I need to file that one away for future utilization.

Quote Originally Posted by bob208 View Post

My brother made me one out of drill stem and a 8" section of pipe for the box. Welded at base so when car hit, it wouldn't destroy the car. Had it thrown 30 feet one time after being hit by car. But bat? or stick? Break your arm for sure.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    a fella i worked with had his mail stopped and picked it up at post office. filled mail box with cement . got sued by kid with broken arms parents. its a strange world we live in. i think kid got what he deserved.

I was at the conservation range I regularly go to yesterday. At the 25 yard line one station had both 6x6's shot in two, bullet holes (looked like 45 cal) and a 22 cal hole on the sign attached to the concrete outhouse. This is at a 12 position shooting range mind you.I don't want to get started on the trash left behind. I just don't understand people sometimes.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Let said kid's parents sue you, if that happens. Because suing you for damages from trying to destroy a piece of US Gov't property, would count as a confession of committing said Federal crime, I'd think; Oops...

Boolit Master
    Years ago in my small Delta town we had a fairly heavy snow. The young'uns made snowmen. Older teens would roar around in 4X4's running over the snowmen. Some of the young'uns in retaliation built a snowman using a fire hydrant as the foundation. One collision ended the snowman destruction. There was peace on earth after that.

Boolit Master
    I never shot up signs or destroyed mail boxes, but did take one out with a chisel plow gauge wheel once as a teenager. Then I had to go fix it the next day!

A word of warning here. When I had to replace my mail box a 4x4 post, or bolted to a pedestal where the bolts will shear in an impact. I was warned by the post master NOT to put up anything that didn't meet the USPS regulations or I could be sued by the driver of the next car that hit it for excess damages or bodily injuries. Mail box post are designed to shear off if hit in an accident. I live on a long sweeping corner of a state route. The speed limit is posted at 40mph, but I'm sure it's regularly taken at 60 mph and some of those end up in my yard! I've looked into ways to prevent this, but was one again warned I could not put up anything that would worsen the carnage should some hot foot leave the highway, go figure!

The blinkers issue needs its own thread!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Interesting - The neighbor across the street from my mother, has had idiots drive through their yard, leaving giant ruts, intentionally; Their response was to put some about 2-3 ton rocks in to "decorate" their lawn, which also seems to have discouraged idiots from driving through there. Painting them white seems only fair, so you don't end up with a car also decorating your lawn at 3am?

And back in the stone age, a classmate in High School (who lived at the end of a straight street where it hit a "T" intersection) and their family were watching a TV movie late one night, when a drunk driver crashed into their house; If their brother had been in bed, it's likely that he, at least, would have been killed instantly. Everyone was in the Living Room, fortunately! Did disrupt their night, but not as much as losing a family member. I suggested that they might want to install some big rocks, maybe painted white, to stop a repeat from another drunk. He never said whether they did or not.

Boolit Master
    Mr Sheesh My BIL who can do nothing wrong in the eyes of my FIL. Has the habit of intentionally driving through my FIL's yard rather than use the driveway EVERY time he comes to see his father. Rain or shine, summer or winter. I just close my eyes to the fact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12