MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wideners Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a bit of help Remington 788

Banned

Merlin, I wasn't there when it came in. It will be an expensive mistake.
    Gonna try to make a new piece.

YouTube mistakes making me $ .

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Banned

Oh the tang sight isn't the correct one. The rifle is a short barrel, like maybe 24" rolling block with factory front sight.

Boolit Grand Master

Not to gloat, but I will. I bought a left hand 788 in 308 Winchester about a year ago!! Had one just after I got out of the Army in the late 70s and traded it off later. Finally fixed that mistake.

Both of those jobs would have cost the owners much less if they had had a 'smith do them for them. Good luck on the repairs and hope the customers appreciate your work.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by leadman View Post
    Not to gloat, but I will. I bought a left hand 788 in 308 Winchester about a year ago!! Had one just after I got out of the Army in the late 70s and traded it off later. Finally fixed that mistake.

Both of those jobs would have cost the owners much less if they had had a 'smith do them for them. Good luck on the repairs and hope the customers appreciate your work.
    Thank you!

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I have a 788 in 6mm Rem, that has the best trigger I have ever used. Someone put some work into it before I got it. I keep meaning to get my son to turn loose of it one day, so I can shoot it again. Got to reload these days. Not easy to find ammo for sale for it.

Banned

old trigger

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    I have a 788 in 6mm Rem, that has the best trigger I have ever used. Someone put some work into it before I got it. I keep meaning to get my son to turn loose of it one day, so I can shoot it again. Got to reload these days. Not easy to find ammo for sale for it.
    He didn't give us the old trigger just the new Timney & a chewed up bent pin

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitty View Post
    Isn't the sear spring also the trigger return spring on the 788's factory trigger? Seems like I remember a modification where that spring is shortened and a separate return spring and screw is installed.
    Yes it is. And there was a mod. that did that and also made the trigger fully adj., sear eng. pull wt. and over travel. It worked, and I wish I still had that rifle. I do, I think, still have the plans around here somewhere.
    Oklahoma. Quite possibly the reddest state in the U.S.A. 77 counties, 2 elections, and not a single one went for B.O. Uh make that 3 elections, we didn't care much for Hillary either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12