Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionLoad Data
RotoMetals2

Thread: Sights for Dan Wesson 15-2

Boolit Grand Master

Sights for Dan Wesson 15-2

Does anyone know where I can obtain a Millett or other aftermarket replacement sight for an early (SN 68XXX) Model 15-3 revolver from Dan Wesson? My late father left my brother the Pistol Pac he bought new in about 1974 or so but in spite of lack of much use, the rear sight (which was at the time produced in-house by Wesson) is pretty sloppy. He'd like to replace it. TIA for any assistance.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Does anyone know where I can obtain a Millett or other aftermarket replacement sight for an early (SN 68XXX) Model 15-3 revolver from Dan Wesson? My late father left my brother the Pistol Pac he bought new in about 1974 or so but in spite of lack of much use, the rear sight (which was at the time produced in-house by Wesson) is pretty sloppy. He'd like to replace it. TIA for any assistance.

Froggie
    fleebay. I see a lot of small DW parts there.

Also, DW direct. I do believe that the rear sight channel on the 715 is the same.

Alternativly, sign up @ danwessonforum.com

While there are a number of DW owners here, most that I've communicated with are also over there. You could also post over there and someone will probably have exactly what you need.

Lastly, I don't know where your rear sight is loose at, but the way it adjusts might feel to someone not familiar with it as being loose. This is as far as I've found to be normal. I certainly don't have any accuracy issues with mine.

I dream of some day owning a complete Pistol Pack. Take care of it, but don't hesitate to shoot it!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

https://everygunpart.com/handgun-kit...nufacturer=582

might be pricey and have to buy more than just the site but they do have dw stuff.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Mold
    A BFR rear or a Ruger is said to work.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Templar View Post
    A BFR rear or a Ruger is said to work.
    KT -Thanks for the info, but I'm a little out of my wheel house here... is "BFR" a part code or a manufacturer I've never heard of? Which of the Ruger sights are we talking about here (ie for which model?)

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    KT -Thanks for the info, but I'm a little out of my wheel house here... is "BFR" a part code or a manufacturer I've never heard of? Which of the Ruger sights are we talking about here (ie for which model?)

Froggie
    I can't say for sure but he may be sarcastic, BFR as far as I know stands for Big F---- Rock.
    I second the DW forum, also the play you speak of is it up and down? I've never disassembled any of mine DW sights but they must have a spring under them providing upwards tension thus allowing you to push down on the sight, is that the play?
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Mold
    BFR=magnum research revolver. Ruger Blackhawk. check the dw forum for the thread/pictures.

Boolit Mold