Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Squirrel chili

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    All done...just finished, vacuum sealed, and tossed back into the freezer for another day. I Crocked them for a good 6.5/7 hours. The meat is as soft as a tender cooked chicken.

Five squirrels set and done weighed 1.4lbs.

I only have chili mix and two cans of chili beans
    left in inventory so I'll have to make a grocery run. I'll wait till after Christmas before I make tree rat chili. Gonna make normal chili "hormel style"...it's either that or I'll grab a bag of chicken noodle knock out mix and call it a day.

I just found three and one rabbit in back of my freezer from last year. They looked a little freezer burnt so I'm going to have to go get a few more.

When I was out the other day I counted 10 greys all together down the hill to the right of my tree stand. I see them everywhere when I'm in my stand bowhunting so I figured I'd climb up in it and have A sit. I can't turn that far right or I'd fall out and couldn't make a good shot anyways twisting my body. I waited about 45 min and two walked behind my tree stand and to my left. After those two were down the rest new the gig was up.

You guys that feed them would hate me. I live trap every one of those rotten things and take them as far away from my neighborhood as possible. I have two apple trees,two peach trees, two pear trees,one cherry, and a big garden they distroy. The next door neighbor feeds them non stop. He had a little over 15 mice under his feeder all at one time as well that lived under his house and front steps. They all ended up migrating into my house this winter. They did the same last year and brought fleas inside transferring them to my dog. The mice are all dead now after several glue traps and Deacon. I'm about ready to mix up some Malrin fly bait into his seed mix and call it a day.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 12-20-2018 at 11:33 PM.

Banned

Sounds like you need a good air rifle.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I own a Walter talon 22. I've tried to adjust the trigger twice. It still has a horrible, heavy pull and the air rifle is longer and heavier than a 30” shotgun.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 12-23-2018 at 10:11 AM.

When I lived in Knoxville TN I used to hunt the Forks of the river Wildlife Management Area down next to the Tennessee River, east of town. It is adjacent to a residential neighborhood, so people walk their dogs there a lot. One day I was walking back to my car, and I saw a bird watcher in full uniform walking toward me; visor hat, binoculars, book in hand. I was, of course wearing my squirrel hunting uniform, and carrying my Win 1200. When the lady got close, she asked "What are you hunting today?" I figured, this is it, she's going to give me all kinds of trouble for killing little innocent animals. "Squirrel," I said. She replied, "Would you come over to my house and shoot some? They are getting into my bird feeder and making a mess." I never did go; safety zones around dwellings and all that, but I was sorely tempted.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123