Inline FabricationRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: WTB/WTT For Dillon 550 kit

Boolit Buddy

WTB/WTT For Dillon 550 kit

Hello everyone, I figured I would try here.

I’m looking at getting a Dillon 550 for Christmas for myself and I would much rather buy a used older “B” model with extra stuff then a brand new “C” model that I have to go out and buy everything for. I’ve found a few here and there but most want new prices for a used machine. Anyways what would be ideal would be someone looking to get out of there Dillon 550 or reloading all together. That way the press would come with tool heads dies, extra powder measures conversion kits primer tubes, etc.

I know something like that would be a long shot on here as very few are getting out of reloading but maybe know a friend or something. Let me know what you have thanks!
    I'll keep my guns and my money, you can keep the change!

Μολὼν λάβε

Moderator Emeritus

b money (and/or others) -- A very good shooting buddy of mine named Harold passed not that long ago. He and his wife kept their heads figuratively above water with two S S retirement cheques coming. Upon passing, Anne -- his widow -- had but one, hers, and could not stay $$$ afloat. (She ended up having a daughter & son-in-law move in, to defray costs and keep her house). Anyway, not that long after Harold passed, she -- out of necessity -- began selling Harold's guns, gear, and reloading equipment. I gave her three crisp 100 billsand one fifty dollar bill for his Dillon 550b, which comes with a tool head, a set of Dillon dies in EITHER .38 or .45acp, the optional roller handle, the bluecloth/zipper cover, the optional sturdy stand, and maybe a goodie or two more. (All is still in the box I brought it home in...). Interestingly, there were no Akro (the blue) plastic boxes with it, and I do not honestly recall the primer pick-up tubes. However, none of these would be much of a challenge to acquire, if not there.
    Seeing your post -- for three hundred fifty U S dollars (what I have in it), plus exactly what it will cost to ship it, is exactly what will cost you to get it. Note there is still powder in the Dillon powder unit, and probably (???) primers in it -- they will be removed before shipping, not included in sale, should you elect to purchase this.
    .Attachment 231712Attachment 231713
    Last edited by georgerkahn; 12-08-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

WTB/WTT For Dillon 550 kit

As a general rule expect to pay 80%+ of current new price for used Dillon equipment. They hold their value very well. New price for used is one thing. Not discounted much is normal.

Moderator Emeritus

dragon813gt -- Thanks for information; I had not looked up any new prices, so I just checked Dillon web-site. The press ($369), dieset ($68), Strong Mount ($51), Roller handle ($48), Cover ($24), and bullet table ($26) total to $586.00. But, to me this is second order -- I gave $350.00 to a widow of a friend, and frankly am not in any need for the cash. A "want" was posted, and I am willing to PASS IT ON -- for exactly what I have into it, to someone who indicated they may be in want. No worries on my behalf if it is perceived as the bargain of the century, or, perhaps a rip-off. I felt I gave a fair price for it, and this is only what I wish in return. By your "80%", it appears to be a bargain... 59.7% Again, no worries if sold or not.
    geo

Boolit Grand Master

My reply was for the OP. Your offer is more than fair and quite the deal. The OP said people were asking “new” prices which is why I replied. Unlike other brands Dillon holds almost all of it’s original cost.

Moderator Emeritus

dragon813gt -- Thank you again. I am happy to read your, "Your offer is more than fair and quite the deal". Frankly, the press costs me nothing to just hang on to, and my offer was/is -- not a penny less or more than I gave for it -- exactly what I paid. It is not my practice to profit vis anyone's loss. I had not checked prices when I bought it from the widow -- and, am relieved to know I "done OK" (sic). I apologize, not understanding your post; on some (most?) occasions I'm not the brightest bulb in the lamp! Thanks again, and BEST!
    geo

Fact- I just bought a used 550 at a lgs and I paid $350 for it. I just saw one sold on the high road for $300 plus shipping. Your offer of $350 plus shipping is very fair! You’re an upright guy help the widow when you didn’t even need it and for offering it to a fellow reloader at no upcharge!
    Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in awhile
    NRA Benefactor 2016

Boolit Master
    Keep your eye out on Craigslist and adhuntr, bargains are out there. I myself have bought 4-550’s through the last 7 years or so and never paid more than $150 for any of them. One even came with 7 toolheads extra and a Dillon cv2000 tumbler.
    Georgerkahns offer is more than fair also, like others have said they usually hold around 80% of new cost. If not in a hurry deals are out there.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks everyone pms sent to some. I’ve been looking on Craigslist, Facebook etc. there have been a few deals that I almost had but because they had to ship them to me they got sold out from under me. I do have my eye on one right now we will see how it turns out.
    I'll keep my guns and my money, you can keep the change!

Μολὼν λάβε

Moderator Emeritus

I am happy to report that I received four PM's from others expressing interest in this Dillon 550, and Huntnman will become its new owner! Thank you to those who responded to this post!