WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2PBcastcoLee Precision
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Cust Serv SUCKS

Boolit Master

Lee Cust Serv SUCKS

I just bought a pair of Lee bullets sizer's.
    A .358 & a .452, from a big ebay Lee dealer.

Received yesterday morning, opened immediately. The .452 was missing it's push rod.
    Sent email to ebay dealer, 24hours, no response.

Called Lee,

their response: MAIL them a PHOTOGRAPH of the contents of the package, along with a receipt from the Dealer.

THEN they would let me know what they'll do.
    So what the hell do I do now ?

Probably call them back next week and have to spend $10 bucks for a pissant part not worth .50 cents. Probably made in china for all of .03 cents.

Stinking system...............................RATS
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Make one out of a bolt

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So it's Lee's fault that the Dealer screwed up and hasn't answered you..WOW, that bad..

Ever hear the phrase "borrowing trouble from the future"? Your post is all about bad things that could happen that haven't yet taken place and may never happen.

They want you to show what you received in the package and a receipt for having purchased the item. Hardly surprising. I bought a brass trim die from Titan Reloading (site sponsor ad at top of page) and when the die O ring was failing to grip the brass Titan emailed Lee confirmation of my purchase (from awhile back) and Lee sent out a new die since they no longer stocked the O ring style.

So you bought from eBay was it a Lee authorized reseller? Or just someone selling some Lee stuff from an estate sale? If I buy a Ford from a private party it is a bit different than buying that vehicle from a Ford dealership.

You asked what you do. You take out a phone or other digital camera and send them the proof of purchase and picture of the package contents they requested seems the course of action most likely to lead to a resolution. They ship replacement parts for free IF you don't order anything else at the same time. If you place an order the system adds in the shipping on the ordered item. If it is "warranty" part there is no shipping.

If you bought used stock from just some eBay seller you may be working through eBay not Lee. Which does seem fair if Lee had nothing whatever to do with the sale on eBay. Picture of the receipt from dealer will probably clarify that quickly. Probably won't know what you will have to do or how it will work out until you actually give them a chance to make good by doing your part.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    We have better vendor sponsors on site!
    Lee customer service is great!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post

Received yesterday morning, opened immediately. The .452 was missing it's push rod.

Called Lee,

their response: MAIL them a PHOTOGRAPH of the contents of the package, along with a receipt from the Dealer.

Probably call them back next week and have to spend $10 bucks for a pissant part not worth .50 cents. Probably made in china for all of .03 cents.

Those requests sound reasonable to me.

Boolit Master

"I bought something you made from someone on e-bay and it was missing parts, please send the missing parts" And you expect them to just take your word and not ask for more information??? Let me guess, you do not work in retail...

Boolit Master
    The push rod for the 358 sizer will work for the time being. Maybe not for seating gas checks and crimping, but for sizing bullets just put the 358 push rod in the press and get busy. Annoyed? Yes. Adapt and get on with business, it will work fine. Dusty

Boolit Grand Master

Probably made in China? Lee makes everything in the US. Like everything else in the OP that comment is out of line. Lee seems to be going above and beyond so far. They could have easily told you to contact the seller and they couldn’t do anything.

Take the picture, send in proof or purchase and see what they do. I’d be angry at the seller for not responding.

Boolit Master

I said their Cust Serv sucks because no one with a simple problem should be spoken to as if they were inconveniencing you, treated with the implication that they were dishonest.

I have no way to take a photograph other then to have my Daughter come over and do it for me.

I'm supposed to SNAIL MAIL them a copy of the PayPal receipt and a photograph of a missing part.

Rogerdat,
    You didn't even bother to read past the title of my post.

Ericandelaine1975,
    If I still had the hands and tools that could make one, then It wouldn't matter either way.

I guess you people don't care if you're spoken to in an insulting and condescending manner.
    I HATE auto-correct

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    File a complaint with Pay Pal and Ebay see if that works.
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MyFlatline View Post
    So it's Lee's fault that the Dealer screwed up and hasn't answered you..WOW, that bad..
    Yep. You are blaming the wrong person/business.

-----------

Not long ago, a member here sold me some reloading items & among those items was a never used "old style" Lee Safety Prime that can be mounted on a Lee Classic Turret Press.

I had a Lee CTP so I went to put it on the press & the "Old style" adapter would not fit correctly.

I called Lee & told them about the whole deal & they sent me a "New style" adapter at no charge to me.

No PICs, NO Nothin.. I just talked to some gal who answered the phone, explained the situation, & "toot suit" it was handled... NO COST but the little time to explain the deal.

I was polite & SHE was Polite....

They just stood by their products & helped out a customer that was buying from ANOTHER customer & NOT a dealer.

-----

I feel bad for ya, but the one you need to "GET ON", is the one who sold ya the piece.

NOT the one who MAKES the piece.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Grand Master

It’s 2018 and business has been done digitally for the better part of a decade. It’s not Lee’s fault that you can’t take a pic and attach to an email along w/ a .pdf of the receipt. Having to send it through the USPS falls on you.

Lee did not talk down to you. They always want pictures. And asking for proof of purchase is standard procedure for most companies. Lee has done nothing wrong. It seems you’re taking what they’ve said the wrong way.

Boolit Master
    Over the years I’ve had several instances were I had to contact Lee customer service! They have always, and I repeat always! Taken excellent care of me! They have replaced broken parts without question( oh by the way they were broken due to improper use on my part) They have even replaced missing parts from a 4 hole Turret press which I bought second hand at no charge ( not even shipping charges)! Every single person I’ve spoken to has treated me with the utmost respect and courtesy! But then again I have never bought a new item from anyone on fleabay! So, let me ask, could the problem be with some fleabay vendor and not with Lee customer service? Or is it the manufacturer fault that some second rate distributors failed to ship all the required items in a given order?
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

No, it would be much easier if you email it to them. If you aren't comfortable doing so, then let your daughter do it. It's as simple as snapping a digital photograph, and sending it to Lee's customer service email address. But, if you want to print the picture, and send it via the postal sevice, you won't be looking at ten bucks, more like one-or-less.

Boolit Master

You don't have to MAIL a receipt. You can email a picture of the receipt.

In my recent experience with Lee (which would be... this past week) my replacement was in the mail THE NEXT DAY after I complied with their request.

While I have had my issues with Lee, they are not in the free parts business (like RCBS). Their policies are reasonable and their service, of late, has been very fast and pleasant.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Ericandelaine1975,

If I still had the hands and tools that could make one, then It wouldn't matter either way.

I guess you people don't care if you're spoken to in an insulting and condescending manner.

All I did was make a suggestion. I didn't say that to be an *******. Just a simple fix to a problem to get you by until things were figured out. And no nobody like being talked to as you described. However you didn't mean that in your OP. So before you go pitching a ***** about the comments maybe you should clarify the real issue. Especially since that was never mentioned. It's kinda hard to make a comment on information you don't know.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I said their Cust Serv sucks because no one with a simple problem should be spoken to as if they were inconveniencing you, treated with the implication that they were dishonest.

I have no way to take a photograph other then to have my Daughter come over and do it for me.

I'm supposed to SNAIL MAIL them a copy of the PayPal receipt and a photograph of a missing part.

Rogerdat,
    You didn't even bother to read past the title of my post.

Ericandelaine1975,

You are trying to make your problems out the be their problems. It's not their fault that you do not have a camera when the vast majority of Americans do, and it's not their fault that you feel you need to mail them a receipt and picture when they could easily be emailed instead (you obviously have an internet connection). Asking you to provide proof of your purchase is not condescending at all. It's standard practice for every business I have ever dealt with. I apologize if I come off as crass, but you need to grow a thicker skin. They are willing to help you if you just provide them with what they need. Have you considered the possibility that maybe just maybe you are on the wrong side of this and are giving LEE undeserved criticism? ESPECIALLY when 11 people have basically told you that you're wrong and not a single person has said that you're right? I can understand your frustration, but LEE doesn't deserve this sort of treatment when all they are trying to do is help you.

Boolit Master

You guys aren't LISTENING !

The Lady at LEE was RUDE from the start.

I was raised to speak with courtesy and politeness to everyone.

Which is what I did.

I simply said I had purchased a new item from a reputable dealer, that was missing a part.

This Lady verbally attacked me.

She TOLD me to SNAIL MAIL the picture & receipt.

I never told her I couldn't email anything to her, I never had the chance.

My RANT is plain.

The Lady was RUDE, CONDESCENDING AND INSULTING.

I gave her no reason to be that way whatsoever.

This is no way to treat anyone.

It's not about the item missing parts.

It's about the way I was treated.
    I HATE auto-correct

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    You guys aren't LISTENING !

The Lady at LEE was RUDE from the start.

I was raised to speak with courtesy and politeness to everyone.

Which is what I did.

I simply said I had purchased a new item from a reputable dealer, that was missing a part.

This Lady verbally attacked me.

She TOLD me to SNAIL MAIL the picture & receipt.

I never told her I couldn't email anything to her, I never had the chance.

My RANT is plain.

The Lady was RUDE, CONDESCENDING AND INSULTING.

I gave her no reason to be that way whatsoever.

This is no way to treat anyone.

It's not about the item missing parts.

It's about the way I was treated.
    Where in your original post did you ever mention that they were rude to you? Your rant was not plain. It focused on what you had to do, not on what they said and how they said it. If you had included that from the start, you might have gotten different responses. My advise? Report it to a manager. If they don't know they have a rude employee, they won't know there's an issue they need to fix with their customer service.

Called Lee,

Last edited by am44mag; 12-07-2018 at 11:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast