Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Cust Serv SUCKS

Moderator Emeritus

It's awesome that Lee might help you out.
    But really, it's the ebay sellers responsibility.

If the ebay seller is a castboolits member, maybe they'll see this thread and send you a PM?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

No. Your rant isn't plain in the first post. You did not say anything about anyone being rude. Yes they said mail. You assume they meant the USPS. However alot of people say mail for email now. Now try this. First calm down and then read your OP as if you were reading someone else's post. Forget about them being rude to you. Now think about what it says. What would you think about the post? It appears that you were complaining about them trying to help you. Now that its known that they were rude it takes on a new meaning to those of us that read it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Put the pressure on E-bay Lee precision had nothing to do with this. They've ALWAYS been nice to me over the years.

In the future, you'll find that item are usually cheaper on Amazon, they have free return shipping and better customer service.

Boolit Buddy
    I would address this issue through eBay and PayPal if that service was used. I have had problems in the past with no response from the seller. eBay contacted the seller and after they received no response they simply refunded my payment.

I have posted on this forum before regarding my experience with Lee customer service so I will not go into a lot of detail but I was far less than impressed. A sprue cutter lever broke on a 6 cavity mold the first time I used it. First they emailed me the "proper" way to use a sprue cutter (I am not an idiot and I did read the instructions that came with the mold). Then they agreed to send me a replacement part but charged me shipping in an amount that would have covered the cost of the part plus shipping. I would not say that I will never use Lee products again. For example I still use their handles on Accurate molds and I recently bought one of the factory crimp dies for the 357 Sig. But I am not as inclined to buy just anything from them without shopping around for options.
    Last edited by scotner; 12-08-2018 at 01:44 AM.

Boolit Master

Well Guys,

I guess, I owe you all an apology. I did not make myself clear on my whining.

I spent over a dozen years working as a Store Mgr & Trouble Shooter for a Big Shooting & Fishing Chain here in SoCal called Turners Outdoorsman.

So I understand the concept of Customer Service. I know how to deal with problems. I WAS never rude, condescending, or impolite in any fashion. And I never accused a customer of dishonesty.

I still feel if a Factory Packaged item is missing a part, then that is on the Manufacturer. Not the Dealer. But the Dealer bears the brunt of it.

Today everything you buy says if you have a problem, contact the manufacturer.

The store/seller doesn't care. The money is in their pocket. Screw the customer. If the manufacturer doesn't stand behind their products. Why bother to buy from them.

I took a picture of the package, minus the push rod.
    E-mailed the PayPal receipt & picture to Lee.

If this is a sample of Lee's Cust. Serv., then I'm going to seriously rethink ever buying another LEE product.

And I don't ever use foul language taking to anybody.
    Unless It's a preface to punching them in the mouth. And my rough & tumble days are long past.

Thanks for listening.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

You know, a pushrod from another sizing die kit will work just fine as long as it's not too big. That'll get you going until the one you need comes in.

Just sayin'.....

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    "I bought something you made from someone on e-bay and it was missing parts, please send the missing parts" And you expect them to just take your word and not ask for more information??? Let me guess, you do not work in retail...
    Maybe the translator of my computer has misunderstood !!!
    Or Lee is a great prankster who likes to make fun of customers!
    The customer writes to Lee because there is a missing piece in the package, and Lee responds to send them the missing piece ???
    How do people send something that does not exist ???

Boolit Master
    If you feel the employee of lee was rude or nasty to you , make a complaint the company - they will get to the bottom of it . If you're not satisfied with the first person you reach , just call back again or tell them you want to speak to their supervisor . Now with that out of the way you should hold the ebay seller responsible for the financial part of the problem , I would demand a full refund and return the item , on their dime . Contact PayPal or your credit card whatever you used for payment to stop the transaction , then the seller will definitely get back to you to correct the problem .

Boolit Master

Well Guys,

As the "Bard" said; "Much ado about nothing".

The ebay seller just now responded to my msg.
    He is sending a replacement.

I may call Lee back after the replacement arrives, complete. Talk to a Supvr.

If you have to prove everything you say in today's retail world, then our society has grown pretty pathetic. And why would a person lie about a push rod ? That in and of itself makes no sense.

All being said and done, when the new kit is delivered and found to be complete. I will ask admin to delete this post.

Thanks
    I HATE auto-correct

SASS #375 Life

Walks, I'm glad it is working out for you. Yes our society is getting pretty bad. Harbor Freight use to give away all kinds of trinkets to get you to come shop. Every Wednesday , they were on the tables at the Flea Market for sale. Yes , there are people that low and that effects the honest ones..

Good to hear.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Yep. You are blaming the wrong person/business.
    I have to agree. If you purchase a defective item/item missing parts the usual course is to contact the seller. If the seller has not responded, there are many possible reasons. Everything from the seller deceased suddenly to the seller is a schmuck and knew parts were missing and everything in between.
    Lee will more than likely make it right, even though I don't think they should be held ultimately responsible for resold items with missing parts.
    Ebay has it's problems, one of which you just encountered.

I hope things are ultimately resolved to your satisfaction.

Banned
    It is better to let things cool down before confronting someone. I have made that mistake many times. Get hot about something and call them only to get further frustrated. Whereas calling after cooling down generally gets things done. As they say "you catch more flies with honey". I have had dealings with Lee also. I bought a used press from a guy and I BROKE a part that was clearly my fault...Called Lee and they sent the part for the price of shipping. Customer service can't get much better than that.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    A .358 & a .452, from a big ebay Lee dealer.
    Your issue for replacement is with the eBay seller and if not resolved within 3 days ...
    Ask eBay to step in and help for buyers

Most of the time sellers will be able to resolve your issue, but if the seller hasn't been able to fix things for you after 3 business days, you can ask us to step in and help. We'll consider all the details and be as fair as possible with our decision.
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    just asking, but doesn't your computer, tablet, laptop or whatever have a camera?

I have an old flip phone that has a camera .....just asking........
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Walks View Post
    If you have to prove everything you say in today's retail world, then our society has grown pretty pathetic. And why would a person lie about a push rod ? That in and of itself makes no sense.
    You're looking at it from the perspective of an honest man. The world is unfortunately full of dishonest men. I have worked in customer service related fields, and to say lies were common is an understatement. If people have no problem lying straight to your face, imagine how easy it is for them to do so over a phone or through email. It doesn't matter that it's just a cheap push rod. They will lie nonetheless. The pettiness of a person like this knows no bounds. It's a sad state of affairs, and I really cannot blame companies for trying to combat it. I fully agree that our society has grown pathetic over the years.

I'm glad to hear the seller finally took responsibility.

Boolit Master

GEEZ,

You Guys are all great,

Thanks for the kind words and the smack to the side of the head.

It never occured to me to use a push rod from another sizer die, I do have .429 & .430
    My lack of brains WOULD NOT have disappointed my DAD.

But NOW I got a doozy of a Cust. Serv. Story for you all coming up, in my next thread, LMAO. WIFE, not so much.
    I HATE auto-correct

SASS #375 Life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12