MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationWideners
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2484 9mm PC Bullets in my Toaster Oven

Boolit Master
    All my mats are of the same manufacturer so I can't comment on lesser quality mats. I have no problems with bullets sticking (same mats, 6 years and tens of thousands of bullets). Yes, my mats are yellow and discolored, but they continue to work and I no longer have to continually repurchase or run out just when I need it. If you have found foil, parchment or screen wire better for your needs by all means go with what works for you.

Holy Hee Haw! That's probably over 10 pounds per rack!
    I PC'ed 1050 in about 90 minutes on Monday afternoon but that was playing leap frog with 2 toaster ovens and 200 at a time. Picking them up with nitrile gloved fingers is much easier for me than using tools. I can't imagine placing nearly 2500 bullets at one sitting.

Congratulations

Boolit Master
    Actually, I came up with about 11-1/2# per rack. I have tried gloves, but the old hands don't work as well anymore so I can lock onto a bullet with self closing tweezers then maneuver however I need to drop it into the grid. I coat about 6#'s at a time, load them on a tray and do something else while the next batch tumbles and my circulation restores. Like eating the elephant, one bite at a time. I have to say ending up with a pile of bullets is rewarding.

Good looking Boolits , sir!!
    Flydad

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”

― Leonardo da Vinci

Boolit Buddy
    I cleaned out the tumbler and went back to gray powder. It still works great. The silicone mat came. Also works great after getting a bit of smoke the first cure. I got the pyramid style mat and load it upside down. I throw the boolits into the tumbler and start the 5 minute timer. Dump the tumbler into a colander to separate the powder and BBs, then dump the colander onto the silicone mat. The only time I have to handle the boolits is to make sure each one falls into a pocket and does not touch another one. Usually this is just when the mat is almost full and I am trying to fill out around the edges. The red ones are not the powder I was having trouble with They are "Rat Rod Red" and I did a few of them in a #5 container while the timer was running on the tumbler.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20181217_181517.jpg   20181217_184857.jpg  

Boolit Master
    I have found some of the red powders are more difficult to get to single coat. Preheating them has always worked for me to correct this. The yellow powders, just like yellow paint, are the worst for coverage. Blue, green & black seem to work the best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12