Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Anyone have source for Flat Copper Strip for Jackets ?

Boolit Bub

Anyone have source for Flat Copper Strip for Jackets ?

Always used Corbin's with no complaints in quality but was wondering what others used . I can't handle or would never use the heavier rolls of 50-100 lbs for manual jacket making , So I lose some of the economy of larger purchases, but probably might used 20 lbs at a time or so just to have on hand if I decided to make some ....
    If you have a source please post or PM me .
    I'm looking for 1.25 x .30 thick in flat strips .
    Thought about looking on ebay ?
    I'm interested if anyone has purchased pure copper in the smaller rolls and cut it into strips from one of the fellows selling it on there and how it worked out as I understand from reading "Guiding Metal" is not pure copper but wondered if It would work , from 1st hand experience or would it be too sticky and end up busting out or stuck to the punch ?
    So thought I would ask the other with more experience on here ?
    Last edited by ReloaderFred; 12-09-2018 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Corrected it.

Banned
    What the **** got censored that wasnt a swear word?

Boolit Buddy
    Corbin sells rolls of strip various thickness.
    Inequality is to try to make Unequal things Equal Aristotle

Boolit Bub
    Anyone other sources then Corbins offer the copper to use for bullet making ?...that was the word with a asterisk through it for all concerned and moderators .

Banned
    lol. censorship is never a good idea, they can't help but to add words beyond the traditionally acceptable list. Such is the nature of the cancer of thought police. Some just can't get enough at work, and have to be moderators too. As to whether thats true here, I really don't know, but I've seen it with regularity in the past.

soapbox concluded.

Just for your information, Guns N Glory, that word wasn't censored by the system software, or any of the moderators. It was done by the OP, and when I asked him to fix it, he said he didn't know how, so I fixed it for him.

You've only been here for a short period of time, so maybe you're not aware of how we work, but keeping this site family friendly is our goal. At any time, there are almost as many unregistered visitors to the site as there are registered members, so keeping it clean is for everyone. In this case, the OP's intentions differed with the goal of the site, and it's fixed.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Mold
    Have you had any luck finding copper strip other than Corbins? I've looked around a bit but I can't find anything without buying bulk and it's $pendy! I still can't find .45 jackets in 1'' length either so I guess I'll buy equipment and make them.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Don’t know where you live.....you left that out of your listing.

But I have sources of copper sheets of thichnesses from 0.003 to over 1/4” thick at my several local scrap yards. Lots of Cu here in AZ...........where we mine it!!!!!!

Check out your local yards.

Good luck.

Banger

Banned
    that is where i get my copper at, scrap yard. i use the copper flashing used in construction.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauser 98K View Post
    that is where i get my copper at, scrap yard. i use the copper flashing used in construction.
    How thick is it?

I sent you a PM about another question I have for you.

Boolit Master
    On Line Metals has copper like this:
    https://www.onlinemetals.com/merchan...414&top_cat=87
    Look around, looks like they will cut it into strips too (custom size tab).
    I've bought aluminum tubing for primer tubes way cheaper than from reloading companies.

Boolit Bub
    I am in Kentucky and I have looked online sever times but no one wants to cut to the sizes needed for what we do . I have played with the idea of getting a press so I can cut to size myself ,guess that's the next step if one were serious about needing it .Buying sheets to cut to size with a press .
    The biggest issue is no one wants to setup custom sizes for such small amounts and I can see that too since we only need small amounts for hobby use and not production .
    Not alot of options so I guess we are lucky to have Corbin .
    I was never knocking them to begin with ..just lucking at the options .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by muleskinner222 View Post
    How thick is it?
    it is around 0.025in thick.. im making general plinking/varmint bullets for .308 so it is good enough.. sorry it took so long to respond, ran out of data..