MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Al Nelson @ NOE molds is a good guy

Banned

Al Nelson @ NOE molds is a good guy

I ordered a bunch of expander plugs from him yesterday and forgot to order 2 sizes.

I called him this morning and he pulled the order and added the two expander plugs I forgot to order and had me Pay Pal him just the price of the plugs saving me extra shipping charges.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.

NOE has always friendly and happy to answer any questions I have.

That has been my experience also. Always happy to help.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Boolit Master
    It's a shame all the group buys now go overseas.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    It's a shame all the group buys now go overseas.
    NOE has their own forum where group buys are run. I don’t know how active they are as I haven’t had to buy any in a year or so. But I’ve bought plenty off the group buys and inventory runs that were run there.

I would have to go out to my shop to get an exact count, but I know I have at least 6 to 8 of Al's molds. I do own one other from a custom maker and am happy with it as well.

That being said, all I can say about Al is, he is the epitome of customer service and truly a gentleman to deal with. My first custom mold from Al, I dissembled for cleaning before use and screwed up. I was dreading making the call to see if there was a fix for it. Al had me ship to him and he repaired it and shipped it back, free of charge. You can't beat that!

I have yet to own one of Al's molds that I have had any issues with. If I am in the market for a new mold, I head straight NOE's site and start looking.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    Same here, great folks to deal with! I don't need much on group buys because they have so much regular production varity now.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

If you sing up for the Forum and get on the email list. He has sales several times a year. Right now I think he is running a 20 percent off sale still today and tomorrow. The sale code is c51c9f55. He runs different sales several times a year so it is good to be on the email list. No spam mail from them either just info on sales.

Boolit Grand Master

Spoke with him yesterday about a mold recommendation. He’s first class all the way.

Boolit Master

I remember AL when he first started I was the honcho on that ride and we dealt with a few bumps but in the end we gained a great mold maker and a real person to deal with. I buy molds once in a while and if it is something AL makes he gets my money. I am not one that likes a lot the group sales going overseas. Nothing against other mold makers, just prefer someone that is here in the USA.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Buddy
    I had an issue with a fouled up order - he called me at home in the early evening and made things right. The Boss is hands-on first class. At one time he machined new bolt heads for German 88 commission rifles!

Banned

Out of the blue about a month ago I got a call from a number I did not recognize and a message. It was Al and he wanted me to call him. I have not ordered a mold or talked to him in over 6 years.

So I called him and he tells me he is going to be updating his catalog and he wanted my permission to put my name on the 31-hunter mold I designed. He said it has been one of his better molds he sells and wanted to put my user name to give credit. I told him if he wanted to go ahead. We talked for a little while about a few other designs he sells and what seems to work the best.

He is sure a class act! When I get back at casting more He is going to get more $ from me for sure.

Boolit Grand Master

I lost/misplaced the little allen wrench that came with my mould and emailed him asking what size to buy....I kept misplacing them and was going to the hardware store and buy several ...
    Couple days later an envelope shows up with a dozen in it ! He didn't have to do that !
    He took care of me so he will have my business ... I'm a loyal customer .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Need a new mold and the first and most of the time the last place I look is NOE! Long live Al!

Boolit Grand Master

I find it not always a pleasure to do business with Al but also simply to talk with him. A gentleman and good guy of the first order.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

I do not really like group buys because you do not know it the mold will be produce.I have been in some of them in the past. Now I will check if Al have what I looking for first and then get it from him.Then I know I will get what I want.He always treat me good when I call him to make a order.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    I noticed group buys for NOE headed south in favor of Mihec/MP a while back. I don't understand it. Mihec/MP molds are made in Croatia. I just can't send my money there, no matter what. I guess the honchos are well taken care of. America First!

Boolit Master
    Miha is in Slovenia east of northern Italy
    Noe makes good molds but miha’s Are like a fine piece of art and the hollow point system is like no other
    I have gotten molds from MP faster than a package from across our country before
    Besides trumps wife is from Slovenia isn’t she

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    Miha is in Slovenia east of northern Italy
    Noe makes good molds but miha’s Are like a fine piece of art and the hollow point system is like no other
    I have gotten molds from MP faster than a package from across our country before
    Besides trumps wife is from Slovenia isn’t she
    My apologies Sir, I was thinking of those ugly XD pistols made in Croatia. I don’t send my money there either. The First Lady, Melanie Trump is an American Citizen. I believe in America First. I just added you to my ignore list.

Boolit Grand Master

I noticed group buys for NOE headed south in favor of Mihec/MP a while back. I don't understand it. Mihec/MP molds are made in Croatia. I just can't send my money there, no matter what. I guess the honchos are well taken care of. America First!
    They didn’t head south. They moved to NOE’s own forum. The buys are still active but they aren’t on this forum. If you want to participate in a group buy for a NOE mold join their forum.

As far as the molds go Miha offers a mold style that NOE doesn’t. I have both. Well I should say I have a lot of non hollow point NOE molds. I do not care for the RG style that NOE sells. There’s a big difference in how the two function and I prefer the Cramer style that Miha makes.

America first is one thing. Depriving yourself of a style that no US maker produces is another. To each their own. I buy from both and country of origin was never a consideration.

My apologies Sir, I was thinking of those ugly XD pistols made in Croatia. I don’t send my money there either. The First Lady, Melanie Trump is an American Citizen. I believe in America First. I just added you to my ignore list.
    If you live on the razor's edge and slip, you will die in two pieces

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast