WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. GENESIS 9:13
    It is the will of God that human beings should get into a right-standing relationship with Him, and His covenants are designed for this purpose. Why doesn’t God save me? He has accomplished and provided for my salvation, but I have not yet entered into a relationship with Him. Why doesn’t God do everything we ask? He has done it. The point is— will I step into that covenant relationship? All the great blessings of God are finished and complete, but they are not mine until I enter into a relationship with Him on the basis of His covenant.
    Waiting for God to act is fleshly unbelief. It means that I have no faith in Him. I wait for Him to do something in me so I may trust in that. But God won’t do it, because that is not the basis of the God-and-man relationship. Man must go beyond the physical body and feelings in his covenant with God, just as God goes beyond Himself in reaching out with His covenant to man. It is a question of faith in God— a very rare thing. We only have faith in our feelings. I don’t believe God until He puts something tangible in my hand, so that I know I have it. Then I say, “Now I believe.” There is no faith exhibited in that. God says, “Look to Me, and be saved…” (Isaiah 45:22).
    When I have really transacted business with God on the basis of His covenant, letting everything else go, there is no sense of personal achievement— no human ingredient in it at all. Instead, there is a complete overwhelming sense of being brought into union with God, and my life is transformed and radiates peace and joy.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you Ronnie . I read these posts every day . They do cause thought and meditation , self examination in our relationship with GOD are crucial for improving that relationship .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

Believe what you can not see or touch! Amen.

Moderator Emeritus

Not long ago, I was riding with a friend who recently passed this world, and he commented, "Look at that rainbow! Have you ever seen colors that bright?" I'd been noticing it, too, and simply commented, "Yeah. It's a shame folks have gotten so in a hurry for everything, that they miss almost completely such a thing of beauty as a good rainbow." And so it is. We've gotten so caught up in what's going on around us and to us, that we've nearly completely lost the ability to appreciate the things in life that are truly beautiful, and absolutely free. No wonder nihlistic cynicism seems to be the "mood of the day!" If we lose our ability to truly see, and appreciate, the wonders that surround us, we diminish ourselves down to the "nihlistic nothing" that so many seem to espouse today.

Next time you see a rainbow, take just a few seconds to just really look at it, and really SEE it in the true sense of the word. It'll be impossible to get taken into the nihlistic cynicism that seems to surround us in this "modern" day and time. It really works!