WidenersSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Load DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: hornady customer service

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va

hornady customer service

well hornady strikes again one day i will learn and stop buying there products. bought 2 vibratory tricklers one was missing one of the rubber feet the other was missing all 5 called customer service on friday wharehouse was closed said they would get back to me on monday . monday came and went called back on tuesday told would call today and they did. was told they would send me one rubber foot but not the 5 for the other one i would have to package it back up and drive to a fed ex store to ship it back. i was confused if you will send one then why not send the other 5? was told that they didn't trust that i would get it level. are you kidding i asked and he was not. i said that i could get it unlevel installing one . now i am not a brain surgen but i think i can put a rubber foot in a hole. i told them never mind i will just send them back to amazon they will come and pick them up. these were not the best design anyway would have to raise scale as they are quite tall and if powder drops that far it bounces and goes everywhere. oh well live and learn never anything red again.

I was not overly impressed with them either. Broke a paw on the lock N load, asked if the would include the other side, nope nada no way. The same day I called RCBS about a broken pin that I wanted to buy, nope , nada , no way, they we free and they sent multiples. That is customer service.. Lee has been better than Hornady IMHO.

Vendor Sponsor

Blue and Green may be more expensive to purchase but their warranty is top of the line
    Red just makes me mad
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Buddy
    I had just the opposite experience six months ago. Called them about issue with a Lock n Load that I had bought from an estate, and told them I had bought it used. The gentleman said, "This is what you need. What is your address?" I asked if he wanted my credit card number and he said, "No. No charge."

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpine View Post
    I had just the opposite experience six months ago. Called them about issue with a Lock n Load that I had bought from an estate, and told them I had bought it used. The gentleman said, "This is what you need. What is your address?" I asked if he wanted my credit card number and he said, "No. No charge."
    I guess it comes down to who answers the phone...

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MyFlatline View Post
    I guess it comes down to who answers the phone...
    It matters at all the companies. I’m batting .500 w/ RCBS. I’ve been charged for parts twice. The other two times I have not. And when I asked why I was being charged for parts that I hadn’t been in the past they had no answer besides I had to pay if I wanted them. To top of off some of the parts they sent didn’t fit. So it matters who answers the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    It matters at all the companies. I’m batting .500 w/ RCBS. I’ve been charged for parts twice. The other two times I have not. And when I asked why I was being charged for parts that I hadn’t been in the past they had no answer besides I had to pay if I wanted them. To top of off some of the parts they sent didn’t fit. So it matters who answers the phone.
    Agreed, I found that with Ruger also..

Boolit Master
    My only experience with Hornady CS was good. I had a shell plate that wasn't cut properly, and they replaced it once I sent it back to them. I had had it for a year, but had never tried to use it.

Boolit Master

I have found Hornady customer service to be excellent on any parts that were missing or broken. In Canada the importer is Korth group, nice bunch of people but not strong on warranty or parts. Expect to wait a minimum of 6 months and pay more for the parts than the complete product.
    I have called the Hornady customer support line and have had replacement parts shipped to me, no questions asked. Less than 14 days delivery too.
    I can not fault Hornady, RCBS, or Dillon for their customer service
    Nor can I fault Lee. I got a mislabeled die set from a dealer - Lee made good and shipped the correct dies in under a week. They did not want the old dies back because shipping them back cost more postage than the die set was worth.

In all I have found U.S. Suppliers of reloading gear great to deal with, especially when rebuilding / refurbishing / completing (replacing lost parts) abused reloading gear that I have come across and purchased.

So far I can count on Hornaday, RCBS, Dillon, and sometimes Lee to "make it right" when their product fails.
    it is interesting that I have reloaded ammo for over 50 years and it is only recently that some newly purchased products have failed.
    Oh, And I haven't had to call Dillon in over 30 years. That press and gear simply keep plugging away.
    Last edited by 10x; 12-05-2018 at 09:16 PM.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Master
    Hornady has been great for me.

Boolit Master
    I just got one of the Hornady vibratory tricklers from Midway. I have not opened the box yet, as I have been busy with other things, but I hope my experience is not the same as the OP.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by JimB.. View Post
    Hornady has been great for me.
    Same here, never any issues with their products or in the rare case, their customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Ive had enough issues with Hornady I won’t buy their reloading gear anymore. One rep told me I used my LnL too much and that I had called for too many parts failures. I purchased the replacement part and sent the working press to a friend. Had another experience with a bad 45 ACP die which they finally replaced. Most of it was more annoying or rep was just rude. I prefer green and blue for the most part now. I still love Hornady Z-Max bullets for the 223 and 308 calibers

Boolit Grand Master

Its sad to hear that an established company like Hornady is turning its back on their customers. I don't have any Hornady equipment but my Son and at least another buddy use and like their dies. I've always been treated well by Dillon and RCBS. Lee didn't help me the one time that I needed assistance. These experiences pretty well guide my future purchases.

Boolit Master
    Sorry to hear your woes with Hornady. I’d give it another try. I have never had an issue with them. I own several products, and use their bullets exclusively when I shoot jacketed.

Boolit Master

I've had good, bad and indifferent service from RCBS, Hornady, Lee, and Lyman. However in every case I've been able to resolve issues, either for free or low cost, using patience and persistence. I haven't had any problems with Redding but had good customer service selling me replacement die boxes and small parts.

I don't have much Dillon so no experience there, nothing against them and their service reputation is very good.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Master

Dillon service is 10/10 in my experience with them since 1991. RCBS is 9.5 because I had to send a broken impact puller back. They wouldn’t accept photos.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    i actually have given them another try and another but enough is enough. sent them back to amazon and good riddance. i will stick with big green for most things and have had ok service from lee but rcbs is by far the best out there. i should have known better from past experiences.