MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Repackbox

Thread: Has anyone tried the following Arsenal mould in 300 Blackout AR?

Boolit Master

Has anyone tried the following Arsenal mould in 300 Blackout AR?

I am looking for moulds for the 300 Blackout on the AR platform... The following from Arsenal looks like a good option, has anyone tried it?

http://arsenalmolds.com/bullet-molds?product_id=86

I am trying the 31-165C which is very similar, so far good results. You will have to watch the nose, it's a little large for PC coating.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

That is what I was afraid of popper. I have not done a lot of PC yet, but I have found that Smoke's red seems to give a fairly thin coat and the black and traffic blue are relatively thick coats. I have order the Lee mould to try, someone sent me a few PC ones that were sized for 7.62x39 and the PC did not hold up well sizing them down. But, they have shot ok and feed well so I am willing to try that mould. I think if asked, Arsenal might make the nose diameter .001 smaller diameter... but not sure.

The 31-165C is almost a bore rider. I could see where it would have issues with PC. One could almost size that nose down a little though. Their site drives me nuts... that is not listed in the catalog, but google found it by number.

31-165C is just like the A version with smaller grove (original design for 308W by some good guys). It works very well in my AR10, just decided to try it in the BO. A 31-142C is same design, lighter weight PB I use in the BO, also very accurate. Accurate will let you set nose and body size - the 'C' has a 0.297 nose dia for PC. The mould you spoke of has the larger nose dia. Neither are bore riders.
    Whatever!

I have the mold and was trying to get it to work in a 300 BLKOUT AR. Just couldn't get it to go into battery. Not the bullets fault. Once I PC'd and sized them, just couldn't get them seated deep enough to work. Maybe Hitec coating would work, not as thick. for a bolt gun they are a blast. Load for my neighbor's 30-06 and he loves them for beating up plates.
    Retired Redleg
    I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood, I don't mind going out the same way.