RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendation for LED Flashlight Similar to GB Lights

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 762 shooter View Post
    I carry a Fenix LD22 every day. I have used Fenix for a long time and have no complaints.

I just picked up one from the Fenix web store $43. Bux shipped like it a lot uses AA batteries
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

I've got these two items on order thru Amazon. The bulb unit should be delivered tomorrow but the body won't be here until next week. I guess I'll find out if this is all I need.
    Been reading a lot about lights and batteries. The Trustfire 18650 batteries I've been using for a few years now aren't well thought of by most on the flashlight forums. I may buy something different for son and daughter-in-law since safety of the Trustfire units was questioned.

Solarforce Black L2M Flashlight Body
    Sold by: CustomLites
    $16.99
    Condition: New

WMlife Flashlight Bulb LED 1000 Lumens Smooth Reflector T6 Single Mode 3.0-18V Drop-in - P60 Design: Ultrafire,Surefire, Hugsby , C2 G2 Z2 9P G3 S3 D2 Ultrafire 501B 502B
    John
    W.TN

Don’t stress over the Trusfire’s, I’ve used them for years in flashlights and they’ve held up better than many premium brands!
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Moderator Emeritus

https://www.amazon.com/ULTRAFIRE-Tac...7N20D9T7BFZJ5C

I have bought these singls AA zoom flashlights since Wiljen stopped the group buys. @ $3-$4 each they cannot be beat. I give away 3 or 4 a year and loose one. Light easy to carry and battery gives you 8+ hours of constant run time.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Thank you for that link. I bought one of those(or at least similar) when Wiljen ran one of the GB's. I use mine more than the others for just around the house mostly. It sure helps these old eyes find small things that I drop. Also good for just finding my way to the shop and getting the key in the lock.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/ULTRAFIRE-Tac...7N20D9T7BFZJ5C

I have bought these singls AA zoom flashlights since Wiljen stopped the group buys. @ $3-$4 each they cannot be beat. I give away 3 or 4 a year and loose one. Light easy to carry and battery gives you 8+ hours of constant run time.
    That's exactly what I was looking to do. Cheaper to buy them. I've probably had half a dozen or so. They are cheap enough to give away or loose without much worry.

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

Need some more information. I have a light that I got on one of Wiljen's GB's that has a momentary(?) switch in the back. It quit working some time ago. I thought it was dead. Since investigating lights here and on other forums I decided to try the on/off switch on one of the other lights with the same or similar body. It brought the light back to life. Where would I go to get a screw on switch for this light. The body is Ultrafire as are all those of the same size that I bought from Wiljen
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

I know nothing about these new lighting systems. Will any of these new fangled bright bulbs fit in a Maglite? I've got a half dozen Maglites laying around, be nice to upgrade them.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Alstep View Post
    I know nothing about these new lighting systems. Will any of these new fangled bright bulbs fit in a Maglite? I've got a half dozen Maglites laying around, be nice to upgrade them.
    In my looking around for LED flashlights I ran across this:

https://www.amazon.com/LudoPam-Upgra...placement+bulb
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Alstep View Post
    There are drop in conversion kits for maglites.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=2YEP7BIKD6PZ9

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

Thanks alamogunr & SiFiJim. Will look into this.

Boolit Master

Part of my order for the Olight flashlight and parts to build a light were delivered today. The LED module listed in my post #22 was missing. The Amazon record shows it delivered. When I tried to go to Amazon website to notify, all it allowed was a return of a defective item. I tried to explain but the process demands a return(which I don't have). I asked for a refund to my credit card and then reordered.

Does anyone know of anything that I can do different? Amazon doesn't seem to recognize that an item could be missing from an order.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy
    Take a look at Malkoff Devices. They make drop in heads and full lights. I have several, they perform well and have held up.

Wife wanted a new flashlight. We looked and looked, and didn't find one online that pleased her. Finally drove to Lowe's, where she picked out a really nice torch that fits her needs at a price we deemed excellent.

Boolit Master

Love those little lights! Have given them to everyone in my family and always use it when I take out the dog to check for deer. The group buy light from Wiljen only gets used if I'm going to be working on something for a while. The little "zoomie" gets most of my flashlight use.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Grand Master

Recommendation for LED Flashlight Similar to GB Lights

I bought a Fenix PD35 and it arrived over the weekend. Seems like a sold light and it’s definitely bright. Haven’t had a chance to see how long it lasts on a single charge. It came w/ a Fenix branded 18650 battery that can be charged directly w/ a micro-usb cable. I bought two more of them. Means I don’t have to carry a charger w/ me which is less weight in the Pelican case. Time will tell how well they hold up.

I also bought the Fenix HL60R headlamp. Seemed like a great light on paper. 950 lumens and able to charge the battery w/out removing it. It drops down a light level quickly when running at the highest setting. And boy does it get hot. Not a big deal as I bought it for a hard hat. But it would hurt if you actually wore it. Has a strobe mode that likes to turn on instead of the actual light. And the lowest setting and red LEDs are worthless. All they do is make it more clicks to cycle to the setting you want.

I was able to expense these as tools for work, which they are. Not sure if I would buy the flashlight w/ my money. And I certainly would not buy the headlamp. I wish manufacturers would keep it simple. I want a flashlight to turn on when I click the switch. Not have a strobe light turn on. And multiple brightnesses are nice but I’d rather just have two, high/low, or simply on.
    Last edited by dragon813gt; 12-10-2018 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Added time from for clarification.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    Part of my order for the Olight flashlight and parts to build a light were delivered today. The LED module listed in my post #22 was missing. The Amazon record shows it delivered. When I tried to go to Amazon website to notify, all it allowed was a return of a defective item. I tried to explain but the process demands a return(which I don't have). I asked for a refund to my credit card and then reordered.

Does anyone know of anything that I can do different? Amazon doesn't seem to recognize that an item could be missing from an order.
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    http://tinyurl.com/y9u2fxdm

I finally got thru to Amazon customer service and got the missing LED straightened out.

I also have several of the little AA lights ordered. Plan to give them as gifts plus keep one for myself to add to the one I already have.

I have to say the Olight light I ordered is very bright. It is going to one of the daughters-in-law. Might have to think about one for the wife.
    John
    W.TN

+1 on the Convoy S2+. I love mine. Does come on the slowboat from you know where though. Very reasonably priced. Get a little learnin' in on Budget Light Forum, Candlepower Forum, etc. and dive in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12