Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation for LED Flashlight Similar to GB Lights

Boolit Master

Recommendation for LED Flashlight Similar to GB Lights

I'm looking for LED flashlights that perform similar to the lights that were available awhile back as a GB. I bought several for myself and for my two sons. One of them is wanting another for Christmas since the Daughter-in-Law has appropriated his.

I haven't seen them mentioned in a couple of years but would like to buy a couple of commercial lights if I could find one that was reliable and performed as well as those we bought back then. I can't even remember the member from upper E. TN that ran those GB's.

I don't need Seal Team quality just good reliable lights that work under everyday conditions. It would be a plus if they used 18650 batteries so the same charger could be used. All recommendations will be appreciated.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy
    Bought my wife a fenix several years back. It like 700 lumen on high. Still worls great. Definitely recommend if its not going to the moon or into battle.

Fenix makes decent lights for the money for sure, I have a couple I love and another I really want.
    4Sevens makes some really nice and interesting lights for a little more money or about the same if you catch them on sale. Check them out if nothing else.
    I could go on, but the prices go right on up! Really, bang for buck, it’s hard to beat Fenix quality and they stand behind them for not much more than a “cheapie” light.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Well, 4Sevens closed shop!
    Here’s the cheapest Fenix 18650, 8-1000lm for $45.
    https://www.fenixlighting.com/produc...ix-flashlight/
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Master
    Look at the, Battery Junction website. I’ve ordered quite a few off there. Nitecore and Fenix are main lights I purchase. Todd3/leg

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    alamogunr - Was this the group buy you meant?

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Lights-LED-buy

Run by Wiljen who isn't around lately

Vendor Sponsor

Fenix has some real good ligjts for reasonable prices
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Buddy
    Fenix costs a little more than some but for daily use and long term durability they are hard to beat.

Boolit Master

I carry a Fenix LD22 every day. I have used Fenix for a long time and have no complaints.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Master
    I run streamlight but then again I was a diesel mechanic for 35 years and got tired of cheap, crappy flashlights years ago.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

I still have a box marked Wiljen lights with my extra chargers, etc. They are good lights.

Boolit Master

Ok... I have been building lights for a few years. I build large multi-cell, melt your face off lights and single cell EDC tube lights. I have also been reviewing flashlights for a few years. My EDC rotation includes Zebralight, Olight and Klarus as well as several lights I have built. If you are interested in good, reasonably priced EDC lights I would suggest Olight, if you are looking to mount something on a rifle for a couple of hundred yards, I would suggest Klarus. Or you can get into expensive custom copper and titanium lights for about 75 bux to over a thousand bux.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    Ok... I have been building lights for a few years. I build large multi-cell, melt your face off lights and single cell EDC tube lights. I have also been reviewing flashlights for a few years.
    Is there some place online that has comprehensive instructions for a beginner on how to build a light. I've looked several times, but get in over my head quickly.

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Quote Originally Posted by SciFiJim View Post
    Is there some place online that has comprehensive instructions for a beginner on how to build a light. I've looked several times, but get in over my head quickly.
    Start with candle power forums, great guys with a ton of knowledge! Illumination supply is a great place to get parts, but you’ll need to know what you’re buying!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by sawinredneck View Post
    Start with candle power forums, great guys with a ton of knowledge! Illumination supply is a great place to get parts, but you’ll need to know what you’re buying!
    I just looked at that forum. Wow, the language is pretty dense. About like casting I guess. On the other hand, A new hobby to add to the collection of them that I have!

Custom Cast Boolits Google Search

The Learning Never Stops!

Boolit Master

Nightstick lights dual mode.
    https://www.baycoproducts.com/product

Boolit Master

I have been a member of budgetlightforum.com for a good while, can learn it all there. Start with a Solar force P60 or Convoy S2+.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mattw View Post
    I have been a member of budgetlightforum.com for a good while, can learn it all there. Start with a Solar force P60 or Convoy S2+.
    Please educate me. I'm going to order a Fenix or Olight for the son & daughter-in-law, but thought I would try to assemble a light for myself. Amazon shows a body, a P60 module and a L2-CH lamphead. The lamphead looks like a replacement for the one on the body except it looks weaponized. Could I build my own flashlight from the body and P60 module and just add a 18650 battery? I already have 2 or 3 chargers left from the Cast Boolits GB's.

Sounds too simple. Have I missed something?
    John
    W.TN

Gotten fenex for Christmas several times, they always work. 3 cell maglite is in the closet collecting dust - it does make a good weapon.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    Please educate me. I'm going to order a Fenix or Olight for the son & daughter-in-law, but thought I would try to assemble a light for myself. Amazon shows a body, a P60 module and a L2-CH lamphead. The lamphead looks like a replacement for the one on the body except it looks weaponized. Could I build my own flashlight from the body and P60 module and just add a 18650 battery? I already have 2 or 3 chargers left from the Cast Boolits GB's.

Sounds too simple. Have I missed something?
    Yes! I would really suggest Solarforce L2 series bodies. The dropin is the main light engine, some quality here is a good thing. Again, the Solarforce dropins are pretty good. They also make a decent gun mounted remote switch. The dropin will work in almost any P60, if you are using the right cell, the head and the tailswitch may or may not exchange between brands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast