Load DataRepackboxWidenersReloading Everything
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: .30 cal mold

Boolit Buddy

.30 cal mold

Hope someone can help. I need a .309 mold around 125gr to 130gr With a boolit length about .850 This is for a 7.62x40 AR15 barrel. Barrel is 1/12 twist. I tried a n.o.e .314-135 mold but the nose is to big, so boolit sized to .310 would push to far into case. So i need a .30cal mold with a standard size nose.
    Last edited by krallstar; 12-04-2018 at 06:03 PM.

I think a .30cal boolit that is .850" long will be more in the 150gr range.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by waco View Post
    I think a .30cal boolit that is .850" long will be more in the 150gr range.
    I see now. I was looking to load to mag length and that does so with a 147 fmj boolit. So i guess i need a boolit as long as i can get but not longer than .850 that weighs around 125 to 130 ish. Am looking at an lyman mold 2660359. The bullet from this mould is .795” long. The nose is .301” and the base is .290 and the weight is 113. with PC and check should come out near i need Not sure what size the band are but if the nose is right for .308 i can size bands down. Anybody use this mold. How accurate can it be.

Look at the 31-142C I use in the BO 1:10. Change the base to GC if you want and move the small groove to where it doesn't hit the mouth. Put the nose step at the end of the throat so it doesn't hit the bore. I've pushed it to 2100 accurately, PCd. Nose design is basically 31-165C which is for 308W - just started testing the C in BO, looks good. From the drop between 100 & 200 in 308 I swag BC to be close to 0.3.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

have you ever tried the 311410 130gr bullet from Lyman/Ideal that was designed for the M1 Carbine? its a bevel base design but should work fine if its polycoated for velocity over 1600fps. Myself, for most of my 300BLK and 30 Apache loads, I preferred Lyman's 311359 Gascheck spirepoint design at 120gr. your 7.62x40WT is in the middle in size between the two cartridges I mentioned, so one of those two should work for you if you want to stick with standard and non-custom molds.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club