MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: Crossbreed Holsters

Crossbreed Holsters

Long story, so if you want the Cliffnotes, I’m super impressed with this company!

I recently bought a new pistol and wanted a good IWB holster and I try to shop local, so off to the LGS I go. They didn’t have the exact model for my gun, but we found one with good retention, decent fit, should work, right? Sales guy was super helpful and nice, the time before I was looking at guns, and when he sold me the holster, so nothing on him.
    As I’m not well versed on Kydex holsters, I am now, I figured close was good enough. Well, after a week of trying to break it in I got educated! It was making cracking and popping noises with, and without the gun in it, and always at inoportune moments. Not really ideal for a CCW!
    I discussed this with a friend and he suggested getting ahold of Crossbreed and at least start a dialogue with them.
    That opened up a can of worms! After the second person there telling me “They shouldn’t have sold you that holster for that gun! What where they thinking!” I finally just asked if it was my baby and should I just take care of it myself? I was again forwarded to Amy, a dealer representative, who again, said “They shouldn’t have sold you that holster for that gun!” Which I’d heard enough of “But I bought it knowing it wasn’t right, so it’s on me just as much as them!” Which finally calmed everything down! I had to send her a picture of my receipt and once she verified I was within my two weeks we had the ball rolling forward. Crossbreed offers a two week satisfaction policy. I had to return the holster to the store I bought it from, apologize to them, and explain what was going on, to which they apologized to me and wanted to make sure I was happy, which I mostly was, nothing was their fault.
    Once the LGS and Amy finally got on the same page, the LGS had been super busy with training etc, so it took them a bit, Amy notified my the holster maker was making my holster and it would be shipped Fedex two days. Sure enough, it showed, and I know for a fact it wasn’t pulled off the shelf, my name is etched in the back and shipped in a cool cloth bag, they need to include with all their holsters.
    So, buy the right holster for your gun to start with, and know that if you have an issue with a Crossbreed, they do stand behind their products!
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Banned

I agree. As good as it gets. Exceptional quality.

have You looked at Alien Gear ? They have free shell exchanges ,if you change guns, a 30 day trial, and a lifetime warranty their IWB holsters start at $ 38.88. the shells are mounted with screws and can be adjusted for tension . I have 3 of them no problems.
    The 3 people a man must be able to trust completely are his gunsmith his doctor & his preacher ..,his gunsmith for his short term health ,his doctor for long term health ,and his preacher incase one of the others mess up.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieman View Post
    have You looked at Alien Gear ? They have free shell exchanges ,if you change guns, a 30 day trial, and a lifetime warranty their IWB holsters start at $ 38.88. the shells are mounted with screws and can be adjusted for tension . I have 3 of them no problems.
    They’re extremely hot in the warmer months and not nearly as comfortable as a Supertuck. The swappable shells are okay if you change guns often. I don’t so it’s wasted money. Once I had one set I didn’t swap it out to carry another pistol. I tried to like them but I found them very uncomfortable. Not to mention I found the “alien” on the shells to be childish. I understand branding but that one isn’t for me.

Like all holsters everyone will have to find what works for them. I started w/ a Supertuck and shouldn’t have tried another.

I'm not putting Crossbreed down, just pointing out that you could get quality holster of the same style for $ 30.00 less. I can't comment on which is cooler as I' ve never used a Crossbreed and it seldom gets over 100*f down here. To each his own. By the way I was born and grew up in Huntingdon Co. Pa.
    The 3 people a man must be able to trust completely are his gunsmith his doctor & his preacher ..,his gunsmith for his short term health ,his doctor for long term health ,and his preacher incase one of the others mess up.

I’m aware of Alien and have recommended them to friends that don’t frequently carry for a cost effective solution for them. I looked into them for myself but just wasn’t impressed. I plan to carry 90%, I wanted something comfortable, cool (it often hits 100deg here), well built and someone that stands behind them. The other holsters I’ve used, DeSantis Intruder for an LCR, Galco King Tuk, FS 1911, had impressed me. In fact I’ll be recommending the Desantis as a budget holster in the future.
    Alien turned me off for a few reasons. The shells aren’t as swappable as they make it sound, if you buy a holster for an auto loader, you can only get shells for an auto loader on that holster. Took a half hour for customer service to finally admit that! Buy a holster for a wheel gun, it only takes wheel gun shells as well. Kinda ruined the whole purpose to me.
    Their quality has improved, and I do like the hidden hardware, but the lining just isn’t that durable, it pills and tears after a while, leather doesn’t. I also wear underwear so I don’t really need “smooth as a baby’s bottom lining”.
    I’m hard on things, in and out of cars, crawling around equipment, on ladders, etc, I’ll pay for durability, especially since this gun is to be my EDC now.
    “Spring metal clips” that I didn’t have to specifically order! I’ve learned, especially after the Desantis that I like metal clips!
    Then I just loathe the new version of the Alien holster! Let me count the ways I can break it, it’s to long, too bulky, and too gimmicky for my taste!
    Yes, they make a decent holster for a decent price and my friends are happy with theirs. But for my wants and needs, the Crossbreed Supertuck checked all the boxes at a price point I was willing to pay to get. Then after dealing with their customer service department, I’m really sold on them.
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Man
    All I can say is I own SEVEN Crossbreed holsters, and have a entire box of holsters I never use..lol. I've been using Crossbreed for more years than I can remember. Mark nailed it perfect when he designed the holster, which is why so many copped it. Sure, you can buy one that looks fancier or prettier, but why? It goes inside your pants and isn't seen..

Blacky

Boolit Master

For what it's worth I have a CB holster and yes it is a good holster
    But I can't say that it's any better than my holster from White Hat that cost $50, bux less or the one I got from Foxx
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    For what it's worth I have a CB holster and yes it is a good holster
    But I can't say that it's any better than my holster from White Hat that cost $50, bux less or the one I got from Foxx
    Not familiar with either of those manufacturers, but I’m glad you like them, that’s more important than anything else!
    I looked very hard at jumping on the Verssacary Commander special offer, but I’m not sure I like the idea of the mag pouch integrated into the holster for CCW duty? (It would be cold weather only) As I had a Bianchi “57” Remedy for my, sold, LCR that I really liked it appealed to me. But like I say, I just wasn’t sure I wanted the extra bulk of the magazine added on.
    As an aside, I purchased a tuckable magazine pouch from DFWholsters. I measured my magazine and ordered the large pouch, they said 3/4-11/16”, my mag measured .799”, right? Got it, adjusted it snug and carried it a day. Next morning my mag fell right out! I tried to adjust it more, nope! It wouldn’t tighten down anymore. Two weeks ago I emailed them, nothing but crickets! I tore it apart today and modified it to workable, but it’s most likely to get passed on to someone and I’ll save up to buy something from a company that sticks with their products! May buy one of those from Alien gear? Either way, DFWholsters lost my business and any recommendations from me!

Boolit Grand Master
    Not a quality issue, but I have found any holster that presents a contact area considerably larger than the gun itself against your person in the summer months is an uncomfortable rash inducing sweatbucket.

What seems acceptable in cool weather most definitely is not in warm humid weather.

Boolit Buddy
    I wear the same Crossbreed SuperTuck everyday for 10-12 hours. I carry about 8:30 and with a 1911 it's hard on the Kydex. In the last three years I've gotten two cracks in them. I purchased a Alien Gear to wear before sending the cracked one in for repairs. Couldn't draw the 1911 from the Alien Gear one handed. Tried everything I could to make it work. Called customer service to see if there was anything else to try. They were very nice and ended up giving me a full refund (minus shipping the holster back to them). I bought a second SuperTuck and used it when I send the other one in for replacement. Great comfortable holsters.