Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooting Cast for Competition

Boolit Grand Master
    Cast for pistol matches, except for the 50 yard Bullseye slow fire target where swaged bullets had an accuracy advantage.

Of course cast for CAS.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I have shot bull's-eye, falling plate black powder cartage with .32-40 .38-55 46-70 and 50-70. plus about 25 years of muzzleloader

I shoot my own cast/coated for IDPA. Mostly 9mm, 40 & 45. Glocks, 1911s, XDM, even a revolver sometimes.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Buddy
    I shoot ~ 15,000 rounds per year. 9mm exclusively, home cast, range scrap, coated with Hi-Tek and PC. 95 and 120 grain Lee molds. Full race, open Glock 34s, CZ TSO and a pair of Atlas Titans. USPSA Steel Challenge, 3 Gun, Falling Steel and Bowling Pins.

Boolit Master
    Action pistol for me, USPSA style. Glock 34's are what I use in Production Division, using 147 grain slugs through factory barrels. I go through thirty thousand plus rounds a year, and it's a toss up whether having more time in retirement or old eyes and a questionable back will increase or decrease that number.

It used to be all j words, but I switched to HiTek commercial cast, and have been casting and coating my own over the past couple years, thanks to a fellow shooter's mentoring and this site.

Boolit Master

I shoot cast for USPSA (.40 S&W) and steel plate (.40 S&W and .45 ACP). I started powder coating about 18 months ago and it solved a lot of smoke and crudded up action issues for when I couldn't clean the gun in the middle of a match.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    l shoot IHMSA w/cast boolits in 41 and 44 Magnum.. 44s are 250gr KT from a H&G #503. 41s from a SAECO 220gr mold.. Started casting back in the 70s... Took a break til about 10yrs ago- when l got back into 'sillywetts'... Lots of my fellow IHMSA shooters cast also from 22Hornet to 45LC... Believe it or not, the casters' boolits seem to perform as good as jktd ones... 0ne item l have NOT seen are 'powder coated' booits

Hello.
    Also I shoot cast bullet in competition as the 4 position "Tiro di Campagna" that is made with rifled rifles and optics at 100 meters. In this I use a Baikal in .308 or .222 caliber.
    Ciao
    Nino

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12