Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky

Thread: Pedersoli 74 Sharps tang screw issue

Pedersoli 74 Sharps tang screw issue

I put Lee Shaver sights on my 74 Sharps. It's got that issue where the original tang screw is too long when used under the sight mounting plate, and interferes with the triggers. The screw was shortened some, but I wonder how much it should be shortened. When operating the triggers with the sight removed) I can see the screw actually move in its hole when setting and firing the triggers. I assume this is not correct?

Also, I need to replace the front tang screw. I buggered up the slot and would rather start with a new screw.
    VTI Gunparts lists that screw but only shows a straight stock diagram and does not differentiate whether that screw will fit the pistol grip stock. Is it the same screw for both stocks? VTI has not responded to an email. Is there a better source for that screw? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

In Remembrance
    The tang screw should not be used UNDER the sight base; it should be used through the sight base. No, the tang screw should NOT move when setting the trigger. I would think Track of the Wolf or Dixie gun Works would have your front tang screw. Good luck!
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM