WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionPBcastco
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: F/S - Savage Model 12 Target Rifle, with Vortex Scope, steel scope mount

In Remembrance

F/S - Savage Model 12 Target Rifle, with Vortex Scope, steel scope mount

I have a dire obligation to repay my two children for their kindness in paying off my remaining Mayo Clinic bill. Long story short, I have a like new condition (only 300 or so of my cartridges through the rifle.) I only need to get my money back out of the gun. Not looking to make a nickle profit on it, nor will I sell it at a loss. Sorry, but I really need every penny for this one. I rarely sell guns. My recent sale of a H&R Handi Rifle set was proof that I always deliver quality when I do. Ask GhostHawk how the rifle set was. This rifle is no exception. It breaks my heart to sell it. But, life happens.

Price:
    1400 Rifle
    120 Scope base
    200 Scope Mount
    800 Scope
    ----------
    2520 total , shipped to your FFL, not including case, which is optional.
    If you also want the high quality pressurized case, which I would sell separately, it's another $130. All would be shipped together.

Details:
    * Savage Model 12 rifle with 22" Bull fluted Stainless Steel barrel, target crown. It is chambered in 308 Winchester. The barrel has been professionally fire lapped (by me) to remove the small burrs in the lands from manufacturing. The rifle comes with one magazine. My cost on the rifle was $1400.
    * It uses a EGW 10 MOA steel scope base (wanted solidness). That was $120.
    * It has a steel scope mount, which cost me $200. For this rifle, with this scope, I decided to not go cheap. Each mount location for the scope has three (instead of the normal two) set screws for amazing solidness.
    * It has a Vortex scope. Model is Viper (VHS-4319). It's an $800 scope.
    * The optional case is a Plano All Weather Double Scoped Rifle/Shotgun Wheeled Case, Green , $130 additional, IF you want it. It is same quality as a higher cost Pelican case. It's heavy duty, pressurized, six locking locations, has a handle for carry and another for rolling, and rollers, and amazing for air travel. They lost their shirt on these cases, and no longer offer it.

I'll take some images, but other than load development rounds, and the 40 or so fire lapping rounds, it's a new rifle. Life happens, and I am blessed by God to be alive. My cancer never goes away, and never does my treatments.

I will pay for the shipping from here to your FFL. You pay only for the transfer when it gets to your FFL. I'll need a copy of the FFL for shipping purposes. Please, even though I am desperate for some cash, I will NOT take any low ball offers from anyone. Payment by US Post Office Money order (no Walmart, Wells Fargo, or other non US Post Office money order places), PayPal (I'll provide my PayPal address), personal check if I have done business with you in the past, or any other creative way that you could get me the payment. All US laws MUST be observed and complied with. US Sales ONLY. Once I have posted some images (give me a bit to get that done) I will be happy to provide additional images if you need them.

Side note: All load development was done with FC head stamped (US Match) brass. I have a bunch of it that I would sell to whom ever buys this rifle. I'll make you a sweet deal. I am selling my M1A (All original US GI Parts, accurized by an expert, formerly with the US Army shooting team) locally, and don't have anything else that shoots 308 Win. The brass is either once fired, or have necks annealed and are twice fired. Serious rifle inquiries only. I'm happy providing my telephone number to anyone who wants to discuss this rifle. Thanks for considering this rifle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	717z6rtxyjL._SL1500_.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	231420
    STOCK IMAGE ONLY - This is not MY case, but same model as my case. Only a couple of the pull foam blocks near the muzzle have been removed. To be perfectly clear, my case does not contain anything but a Savage Model 12 Target rifle. And, other than a few pulled foam blocks near the Savage muzzle, it is in new or like new condition. Hope that is clear enough on the case.

Name:	savage model 12.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	231421
    STOCK IMAGE OF RIFLE ONLY - This is not my rifle, but is same model as my rifle. I will upload images of my rifle, with current configuration ASAP. Just wanted to get something up quick so you know what this is.
    Last edited by DukeInFlorida; 12-02-2018 at 07:12 PM.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

In Remembrance

Adding the images I promised:

Name:	savage rifle 1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	231453

Name:	savage rifle 2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	231454

Name:	savage rifle 3.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	79.1 KB 
ID:	231455

Name:	savage rifle 4.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	231456

Name:	savage rifle 5.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	231457

Name:	savage rifle 6.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	231458

Name:	savage rifle 7.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	231459

Name:	savage rifle 8.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	231460

Let me know if you need any additional images. And, call if you have any questions of need further discussion.
    Thanks for your consideration.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Might help to just which scope it is;
    Power range
    Tube Diameter
    Objective size
    Also what brand rings if known
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? (Sgt. Oddball, KELLY'S HEROES)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    my feedback thread
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

In Remembrance

The scope model number, mentioned above, tells the story of the scope's features.
    Vortex Viper HS 6-24x50 Riflescope with BDC MOA Reticle
    I bought the rings at one of the big box stores, but didn't save the packaging. I looked it up. They are Burris Xtreme Tactical in steel. With tax, they were $200.
    Last edited by DukeInFlorida; 12-05-2018 at 10:31 AM.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master
    FWIW I can attest, several times over, that "Duke" is a genuine good guy and people will never go wrong doing a deal with him. I hope he gets to the five year stage of being able to claim "cancer survivor" status.
    Ed

CW3 USA (Ret)
    VFW Life
    American Legion
    DAV Life
    NRA Benefactor
    TX State Rifle Assn Life
    SAF Life
    NY State Rifle and Pistol Assn Senior Member because I don't have to fight that fight in TX
    JPFO Member
    GOA Member

In Remembrance

So far, I have hinted at the accuracy of this rifle from the listing of components. Some of my shooting buddies have reminded me that the proof of the accuracy is in the results of target shooting with the rifle. The rifle was built to allow me to consistently shoot plastic bulletin board push pins at distance.

Name:	pushpin.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	231915
    Plastic bulletin board push pins are 1/4" in diameter. So, hitting one at 100 yards is 1/4 MOA. That would be pretty good.
    However,
    This rifle was really designed and built to hit those same bulletin board push pins at 300 yards, the longest distance we have here at the Volusia County Gun and Hunt Club.
    So, 1/4" push pin diameter, at 300 yards is, if my math is right, 1/16 MOA

Nothing other than the fire lapping of the barrel (to remove the burrs from the lands and grooves) and the load development for the cartridges, has been done to the rifle. The Savage trigger system is already pretty good.

And, if you aren't yet impressed...........

The shots at bulletin board push pins were all done using my own home made jacketed 30 caliber bullets, which I swage from 5.7 X 28 FN cases as the donor jackets.They are 168 grains in weight, and attest to not only the quality of my home made jacketed 30 caliber bullets, but also to the quality of the shooting system (rifle) in accurately shooting them. See my swaging posts in the SWAGING area for details on how the bullets are made.
    Here's a link for the 150 grain version of these bullets:
    150 grain 30 cal bullets swaged from 5.7 brass

If you are seeking a rifle to get you amazing accuracy on day one, this is it. I'm needing to pay medical bills. My travels to Mayo Clinic for staying alive with this cancer is well documented. Someone will get an amazing rifle, and while I will be sad to part with this rifle, I'll be happy for the new owner, and happier still that I will be able to continue getting treatments at Mayo Clinic. God bless.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Master

Good luck with the sale, Other Duke. Hope you're doing well.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In Remembrance

BUMP

Hoping for a Christmas miracle

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

In Remembrance

Christmas miracles didn't happen. However, to be clear about this rifle.......

THIS is the precision rifle that you would build from scratch if you were seeking to build a less than .25 MOA rifle. You would spend every cent of this amount in building that rifle. The only difference is that this rifle has already been built, and tested. It is virtually new and flawless, and ready to continue shooting 1/4" push pins out to (and perhaps past) 300 yards. It's almost better than the abilities of the shooter to shoot it. It comes with FC head stamped brass (which the load development was done on), a few loaded cartridges that were left over from the last session, the original witnessed certificates demonstrating shooting plastic 1/4" plastic push pins at 100, 200, and 300 yards. And a bag of targets (1/4" plastic push pins.)
    If you are looking for this kind of amazing shooting rifle, here it is, all set to go. No fussing to do. No tweaking to do. Just load and shoot.

I'm paying now overdue medical bills with the proceeds, and need every cent that I have put into it. Which is every cent that you would put into it if you were building it. If you were a race car driver, this one will win Indy. Can you take it across the finish line?

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER