RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Siamese Mauser

Super Moderator Emeritus
    I just finished building a 375 express on one. Took 444 marlin brass necked down to 375 my grandsons pig rifle.

Boolit Master

Now that sounds very interesting!
    Shoot Safe,
    Mike

Retired Telephone Man
    NRA Endowment Member
    Marion Road Gun Club
    ( www.marionroad.com )

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Brass easy one pass forming CH had dies PTG the reamer
    12 twist barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher Jim View Post
    I just finished building a 375 express on one. Took 444 marlin brass necked down to 375 my grandsons pig rifle.
    How does this vary from the 375 JDJ?

Boolit Mold
    I've had a Siamese rifle setting around the shed for about 10 years. I was thinking of a 45/70 when I bought it but never got around to it. I would like to shoot it at least . How do you go about fire forming? Will the 7.62x54 fit in the chamber? Does it have to be trimmed or partly formed? Can I just jam it into the chamber with the bolt? Thanks for any information you can give me. Jess

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskoda View Post
    I've had a Siamese rifle setting around the shed for about 10 years. I was thinking of a 45/70 when I bought it but never got around to it. I would like to shoot it at least . How do you go about fire forming? Will the 7.62x54 fit in the chamber? Does it have to be trimmed or partly formed? Can I just jam it into the chamber with the bolt? Thanks for any information you can give me. Jess
    I would suggest getting cartridges already made from Buffalo Arms ref https://www.buffaloarms.com/8x52r-si...-of-20-amo852r
    You can make cartridges from other types such as reforming .45-70 cases, but you tend to loose quite a few in the process. Thus since one can buy ready made 8x52 cartridges, it is best to go that route today.
    If I remember correctly I maybe used some .348 Win cases many years ago to make some ammo up for mine. But that cartridge is also obsolete and hard to find too.

The 7.62x54 cartridge case is slightly smaller at the base and it will bulge out some when fired in a Siamese Mauser chamber. Some guys wrapped some tape around the center of the base to keep the cartridge centered in the chamber when fired. If you didn't, then the case would not be centered and the bulge would be oblong on the cases. Hard to say anymore if that is a good way to make ammo for the Siamese Mauser or not anymore.
    Last edited by Earlwb; 01-02-2019 at 10:39 AM. Reason: add more info

Cast Boolits Owner

I have 2, one in 30-40 Krag using a 2groove barrel and the other in 45/70. I tried to purchase one in 348 a few years back but couldn’t pull together the cash on short notice. I still wonder where that one is now.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12