Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ruger percision

Boolit Buddy
    Ruger and 1/4" group..........
    I will be interested in how the new $900 Ruger Custom Shop 10/22 will shoot. Guns and Ammo says group size was .93", 1.16" and 1.35" at 50 yds. My scoped Marlin golden 39A will do that when I do my part. Most CZ .22 LR 452 and 455 bolt actions will do that easily.....for half the price of the "Custom Shop 10/22"
    The Flag is flown upside down as an official distress signal that life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness has been compromised.

Banned

I killed a buck when I swas stationed at Fort Sill which is the only one I ever got an accurate weight on just because they were so particular about check procedures on post. The buck was 147 pounds without all the guts and lungs in it. It was pretty easily the biggest one of the two dozen or so deer I saw checked in while I was waiting around. Considering where it was taken, southern Oklahoma and no food plots or farming, he was a bigger deer than I realized now that I read all this.

I've killed several bucks up here in northern Kansas which went a lot bigger that that one, but have never gotten a weight on one. Seems the farther north you go, the bigger they get, I wouldn't doubt that 300+ pounders exist in the great white north, but I've never seen one I thought went that big.

Boolit Buddy
    I hunted at a commercial hunting lodge in Alabama once. I shot a deer and gutted it as I always do. When they came to pick me up they were upset at me for gutting the deer. They said they couldn't get a weight on the deer with it dressed and that with the gut pile there they could not take another hunter there for at least 2 weeks. I told them that the best place to hunt was over a hot gut pile and that if they wanted an accurate weight and a clean stand that they should give every hunter a plastic garbage bag to put the guts in. I understand that's what they do now.

Boolit Buddy
    Here's a picture of a deer killed in Minnesota in the 70's by a friend of mine's wife. She stands about 5'6" and was 9 months pregnant at the time. She had her baby a week later. The deer is hanging from the roof of the building and it's feet are still on the ground. The deer was not weighed but was estimated at 250 lbs dressed. Maybe, maybe not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC100960.jpg  

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by birch View Post
    When I was 14 years old, one of my dad's city slicker friends came up to the Luther Michigan area and shot a deer. He wanted me help him dress the deer up in our barn and offered 10 dollars to do the job. I thought he was just a novice and did not know how to gut a deer.......help a guy out sort of thing. We got the deer hoisted up in the barn and put a bag under the deer to catch everything. I put the knife in and some intestinal air came out in a slow drain. I looked over and he almost puked. At that point I realized that he had no problem field dressng, he just could not handle the idea of blood and guts period. Sooooooo......I may or may not have punctured the stomach on "accident" just to get a pile of puke out of the guy. It worked....there was chuck all over my otherwise clean garage floor. I learned a valuable lesson from that at the ripe young age of 14. Here is a guy who had no problem snatching the life out of another living thing, but did not have the dexterity to take care of his animal. These *** folks should not be in the woods at all. We call these folks "perverts'. Perverted minds they have.
    Whats wrong with that, there are DOCTORS who toss their cookies at the sight of blood. Ive had ER nurses turn color and run off to toss their cookie when I went in once with my finger nail missing...

Many people cant take blood, and many people cant take gutting an animal. There is something about slushing about in a chest cavity of exploded paunch and liver, and getting covered in it head to toe that is actually ENJOYABLE. but when it comes to the hind end,,, I hate dealing with that.

But what YOU did to the poor fellow was un called for. And perverted.

Banned

I probably gut an average of 50 deer a year and can say without reservation that never once was it ENJOYABLE. Obviously I don't gag or puke but id have to have a pretty terrible life to consider it fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by crankycalico View Post
    Whats wrong with that, there are DOCTORS who toss their cookies at the sight of blood. Ive had ER nurses turn color and run off to toss their cookie when I went in once with my finger nail missing...

Many people cant take blood, and many people cant take gutting an animal. There is something about slushing about in a chest cavity of exploded paunch and liver, and getting covered in it head to toe that is actually ENJOYABLE. but when it comes to the hind end,,, I hate dealing with that.

But what YOU did to the poor fellow was un called for. And perverted.

Banned

That's what I was thinking. Beyond the fact that it is sometimes interesting as most of us are students of terminal performance of the bullets we use, I'd be concerned about someone who enjoyed getting bloody and wrist deep in entrails of anything.

It's just a necessary part of the experience, that's all. Some guys really enjoy wrenching on vehicles too, and I have done a fair amount of that too, between getting bloody and getting oily and greasy and skinning knuckles, I think I prefer field dressing to wrenching.

Amen to that, Rich!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Like my Dad always said after you kill a deer the fun is over. The cleaning is not fun.

Boolit Master
    i was at the ruger site drooling over the rpr just the other day than was figuring what a Leupold Mark 5 would cost and new dies and Lapua brass
    Maybe Santa will be good to me

Boolit Master
    In giving more thought why not go all out and get a Bergara elite

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    In giving more thought why not go all out and get a Bergara elite
    I don't care for the chassis rifle look at all. Why not, if one has the cash, really go out and get a steyr tactical rifle? that scout" is sooooooooo nice looking.

Boolit Master
    Women working at the local meat works dont have that reservation......one is thought to have handed the choice cuts of her abusive husband around among her workmates,and put the rest thru the hamburger line....But they do a very professional job when you take a deer round to her house to be cut up and dressed.and packed in vac pacs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123