RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: new frontier ar

Boolit Buddy

new frontier ar

has anyone run a new frontier ar45 in 45 acp or 10 mm I want to build a ar 15 pistol with 8'' barrel and shockwave pistol brace for a trail gun

Boolit Grand Master
    I have not, but then I have about zero interest in an AR style pistol. If that is what you want though, go for it.

Robert

Banned

I have two 8.5" AR pistols
    Both are 300 ACC Blackout
    My only advice is to get a SB brace, a much better choice.
    If you do not get a stamp, make sure you are starting with a pistol and do not modify brace at all. Change nothing.
    Sounds like fun to have a pistol cartridge. The 300 BO was a great choice for me.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a 8'' 300 blackout and a 10'' 223 with a shock wave pistol brace a also have a tac 14 870 with mod choke and deer sights has a sb pistol brace and a mp5 pistol with a folding sb brace I like the shockwave brace better not so fat with out the pistol brace ar15 are worthless

Boolit Master
    The 300 BO was a great choice for me.
    Do you shoot heavy subsonic loads? If so, how is the report? Been thinking of an SBR in 300 BO or 9mm for home defense et al. Would like for it to not blow the ears off in case the need arises.

Banned

Not yet, but it will cycle them.
    I have a lot of 120 grain Federal Power Shock Copper
    I am waiting on the Mihec 300 BO 230 grain HP group buy
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...P-and-6C-Solid
    That will be the close range hammer

Boolit Buddy
    I have one that I run with both 10mm and 45acp DI AR uppers from RMW XTREME both run great, mine has an SB brace on it and both barrels are 10.5"

Banned

I think everyone that loves to shoot should have at least one ar pistol caliber gun. I can load 9mms with cast bullets as cheap as buying 22 shells and they are just plain fun to shoot. Ive got a 556 8.5 inch braced pistol and a 9mm 4.5 ar pistol with a brace. Both are a blast to shoot. Still want a bo pistol and id love one in 40 and 45 too.

Boolit Master
    I can load 9mms with cast bullets as cheap as buying 22 shells
    Boy I'd like to know how that is. Primers alone cost almost as much as 22 shells here. Add 2 cents worth of powder and bullet and the math doesn't work for me.

Boolit Grand Master

new frontier ar

Quote Originally Posted by str8wal View Post
    Boy I'd like to know how that is. Primers alone cost almost as much as 22 shells here. Add 2 cents worth of powder and bullet and the math doesn't work for me.
    Depends on when you bought the components and what you pay for 22lr. I cannot load cheaper than the 2.5 cents I just paid for 22. But I can load cheaper than the 4 cents that’s the everyday price. I have primers that are 1.5 cents each, free lead, free brass and powder is 1.2 cents. So after doing the math it looks like I can almost load at 2.5 cents. I have some cans of free powder so if I used that the load would be cheaper. Current prices don’t reflect the actual costs if components were bought years ago.

Edit: After thinking about it I have some free primers as well. So I could load for absolutely no cost

Boolit Master

I remember when 22 ammo was unavailable at less that $.12 each if you could find any. It was the driving force to me getting a 9mm high point carbine. I would tell the curious that I could shoot it all I wanted to for $.04 a shot and after a pause say " Plus labor" to stave off the question, " can you make me some?"
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

10" BO pistol is fun, decent hunter (no brace) and not too loud. Don't kid yourself, anything unsupressed is going to be load indoors. I can run 120-185 (RD style) cast at about any fps. Single point sling goes over the shoulder for field work. Weighs ~ 5#. Double stack 40SW pistol works for home defense. 45 & 10 have a limited nose profile, DI is a little harder to get to cycle.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Depends on when you bought the components and what you pay for 22lr. I cannot load cheaper than the 2.5 cents I just paid for 22. But I can load cheaper than the 4 cents that’s the everyday price. I have primers that are 1.5 cents each, free lead, free brass and powder is 1.2 cents. So after doing the math it looks like I can almost load at 2.5 cents. I have some cans of free powder so if I used that the load would be cheaper. Current prices don’t reflect the actual costs if components were bought years ago.

Edit: After thinking about it I have some free primers as well. So I could load for absolutely no cost
    Can't speak for primers bought decades ago, but they have been about 3 cents a pop or more for a long time here and not going down any time soon I suspect. Don't have any free powder, 4.8 grains of Titegroup costs about 2 cents. No free lead either and I am self employed so time is money. Like I said, the math doesn't work for me but if you can make it compute more power to ya's. 22's are going for about 3 cents a pop now.

Boolit Master
    10" BO pistol is fun, decent hunter (no brace) and not too loud. Don't kid yourself, anything unsupressed is going to be load indoors.
    I agree, anything is going to be loud indoors. I got tinnitus from a Nazareth concert back in the early 80's. But, was just wondering if it would be painfully loud like a 223.

Banned

bullets are about free for me. 99 percent of my lead stash was got for free. they cost a bit of time and whatever pc cost per bullet and I guess youd have to factor in the price of a mold over 100s of thousands of bullets too but my guess is most of us already have them and they paid for themselves in the first 500 bullets you casted with them most in 200 bullets. Primers I bought back when you could buy a case for less then a 120 bucks. that's 3 cents each even today when you can still buy them for a 150 bucks a case so if you don't call 9mm brass free take the 30 bucks I saved buying primers years ago toward brass. so add your 2 or 3 cents worth of powder and most of my free 9mm brass. So we have maybe 5-6 cents each. Find me 22 shells today for 3 bucks a it takes me to load 50. Not many places sell 22 shells any cheaper then that. When I stock piled I prioritized. Why buy a pile of 22 shells when I can buy powder and primers and load ALL my handguns cheap and I sure wouldn't buy 22 shells at there overinflated price today when I can shoot 9s as cheap. Id bet I haven't shot 50 22 shells in the last 3 years. Even if they cost twice as much the fun shooting something that actually smacks the thing your shooting at it is worth the price of admission. Yup I guess if your the type that buys one pack of primers or two and a lb of bullseye and buys factory bullets and thinks hes all set you might want to consider 22s cheaper. I love to cast I love to load so its a no brainer to me.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    My 9mm and .38 Special reloads cost less than Mini Mags and other decent .22's. My shooting time is very limited as it is, so I would rather not spend it on bottom of the barrel .22 ammo like Thunderbolts.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Somehow trailgun and ar pistol with brace dosent comput for me. Then I have zero expsrience with them. I always thought they were rediculiously heavy, is that a false asumption on my part? My trailgun is generally along the lines of SW J frame , so I'm curious on the different perspective. Kind of a trailgun addict so this post caught my attention.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos