RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Little Dandy

Boolit Master
    I just received my adjustable rotor the other day- I hope Bill White can get back into full production. The rotor is a real work of art. I have all of the Little Dandy rotors, have been using then as my main pistol measure for probably 20 years. I bought the adjustable one to be able to use loads that the rotors can't do- the intermediate loads. The adj. one doesn't do anything different than any regular powder measure, it just does it on a smaller scale- sort of like using the smaller pistol measure on the RCBS full-size powder measure. As for a baffle- just stick a funnel on top with a small tip inside the Little Dandy- the funnel regulates the powder level.
    Loren

A friend made this red oak storage block for the Little Dandy rotors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gxs883b.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	232028
    "An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out." Will Rogers

Boolit Bub
    Fellas, I finally got some time to peruse the forum and am glad I came across this thread. Several things I saw in here I'd like to address.

1. The measure doesn't have to be inverted or emptied to make an adjustment. Place the rotor in the "dispense" position (as far clockwise as it will go) and insert the adjustment tool into the bottom of the body, engage the adjustment screw and adjust away.

2. Powder baffles are "available" by googling "Uncle Nick's Powder Baffles" and choosing the 1 5/16" template. It can be made from any material thin enough to be cut with a pair of scissors. I have used aluminum roof flashing, soft drink cans, beer cans and I have known of a couple of people to use plastic.

3. I'm hoping my supply issues are behind me and will soon have a new batch of rotors ready to go. I was able to find a local machinist with a suitable sized setup and the ability to grasp the concept and he has a batch in process at this time. Please stand by and accept my sincere apologies for the Nov/Dec delays.

4. Even though I don't always get the time to hang on the forum much I can always be reached by email (bawhite@ctc.net) or a PM here on Cast Boolits......

Boolit Mold
    Are adjustable Lil Dandy Rotors still available for purchase? Sure wold like to get one.

Boolit Buddy
    I love my LD, I don't have all the rotors but enough to use for most handguns and powders I use. I seat the boolet after charging rather than risk a double charge!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrshot View Post
    Are adjustable Lil Dandy Rotors still available for purchase? Sure wold like to get one.
    Try the contact info in Bailey Boats post right above yours.

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123