RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: WTB: 6mm bullet mold.

Boolit Bub

WTB: 6mm bullet mold.

Lee doesn't make them, Lyman doesn't make them, Ideal doesn't make one (at least currently). Where does a man get a 6mm (.243") bullet mold now days. A point in the right direction would be good, but anyone having one or two the wish to part with would be even better. Thanks,
    Kim.

Boolit Master

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...roductId/13804
    Lyman had one too it was a .244 and tazman is correct you can get one on NOE.

Boolit Mold
    Mountain molds also

Boolit Master
    RCBS also, and NOE has a 20% off sale this week.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    "Lyman doesn't make them, Ideal doesn't make one (at least currently)."

FWIW - you are going to have a looooooong wait if you are looking for Ideal to make a mold - Ideal is the predecessor to Lyman and no longer in business as "Ideal", nor has been for quite a few years.

Sage advice given - NOE molds are excellent as are Accurate Molds - you could always have Tom at Accurate make one to your specifications if he doesn't already have something close to what you want.

Boolit Master

I don't believe Tom at Accurate goes below 7MM. But his molds are the Rolls Royce of bullet molds.
    Arsenal will go down to .22 cal. An excellent quality mold maker as well.

Boolit Buddy
    second that on Arsenal. have been very please with their quality, pricing and fast shipping.

Boolit Grand Master

I believe redding saeco makes them also, how available they are I don't Know. What type weight moud are you wanting? Powder coat, grease groove, round nose, spitzer, loverieghn style, Several custom makers will do just what you want. Do a search and see whats out there to start. What weight range are you looking for and in what caliber? Gas Check? Lee does sell blanks also to make your own mould.

Kim, If you are looking specifically for a .243 mold you likely won't find one. .244 molds are what's needed in a .243 or 6mm application.
    “A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.”

Thomas Jefferson – Author of the Declaration of Independence and 3rd President of the USA

Sent you a pm

rcbs makes a 100gr version of the lyman 245498 they use the same top punch lyman discontinued the ###498 some years ago under their name but rcbs now doing most of the lyman machine work (according to the lyman customer service person i spoke to on the phone) still makes under the rcbs numbers a ###498

Boolit Bub

I am looking for a mold to cast a .244" boolit to shoot from a .243" caliber rifle. A 100-105 grain projectile would be nice, possibly gas checked.
    Then I plan to powder coat it to size up to ,244" and see what I get. sort of why I was hoping for an inexpensive mold to say experiment with. Lee was no help, for some reason they don't carry any. I might have them make me one. Thanks for all the tips people,
    Kim.

Boolit Buddy
    Or you can list on the boolit exchange here and see if someone can send you some boolits already cast and try before you buy. Only mold I have now is lyman 245496 84 gr Loverin style if you would like to try some.

Boolit Bub
    i wonder why theres not many playin with cast bullets for the 243win? i like 100gr and that would be great if theres a mold outhere to drop a .245 100gr bullet plain base!