Reloading EverythingPBcastcoRotoMetals2Wideners
RepackboxTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm going to Florida

I'm going to Florida

I'll be in Florida this week and was wondering if any of my Castboolit compadres are in the Port Saint Lucie area? It might be nice to put a face to some of the good folks on here. Any way if anyone wants to grab a coffee, swap some tall tales, or show off some hardware, PM me.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

That's what we need is one more northern down here

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    Hey, I'm from SOUTH Jersey.��
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    I’m staying home this winter so that frees up an extra spot for him!

Boolit Master

The US Navy had a base at Staten Island in the 90's. We would fly into Newark and take a bus over. A blind man would know he was in Newark. Back in 60's family would go to Wildwood, Ocean City and Atlantic City. Lived in Florida for over 40 years it grows on you.

Boolit Master
    Not me... I escaped after 3 months.

Didn't care for Upstate N.Y. either....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

The US Navy had a base at Staten Island in the 90's. We would fly into Newark and take a bus over. A blind man would know he was in Newark. Back in 60's family would go to Wildwood, Ocean City and Atlantic City. Lived in Florida for over 40 years it grows on you.
    Pushing 57 years, I'm getting tired of the Tourist and the Government that caters to the tourist's.. I'm looking to move the first real chance I get. Cook all of them Manatee's..

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MyFlatline View Post
    Pushing 57 years, I'm getting tired of the Tourist and the Government that caters to the tourist's.. I'm looking to move the first real chance I get. Cook all of them Manatee's..
    I love it down your way, but your right.

Boolit Master
    Hi Flatline.My Dad said that Manatee was very good eating.Ate it a few times before the war.The FIRST WORLD WAR that is.Family lives over in Vero Beach.Has been there since 1916.
    Good luck Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    Hi Flatline.My Dad said that Manatee was very good eating.Ate it a few times before the war.The FIRST WORLD WAR that is.Family lives over in Vero Beach.Has been there since 1916.
    Good luck Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    Yes, they were still being roasted on the spits here in the 50's. I had some shirts made up that said

" Save the Manatee, the leftovers are delicious" Sold over 300 of them

Boolit Master

Old Timers around Pine Island say they taste a lot like beef!

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    Old Timers around Pine Island say they taste a lot like beef!
    Veal,,,, Sea Cow, is what they were named, appropriately might I add..

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine Baron View Post
    Hey, I'm from SOUTH Jersey.��
    There's lots of folks that live in Fla that say that.

When they stopped in North Fla and complained that it got cold in the winter, We'd tell them to keep on heading south.

Boolit Buddy
    This is one old Bird that loves the cold weather, you won't see me going south where it is hot and humid! I think it gets too hot and humid here in ohio at times.

We at least have 3 months of almost no mosquitos here in the great white north. Besides I hate driving in Fla. 1/3 of the people should not be driving unless stopping on freeway entry ramps to make a "right turn" rather than merge is somehow proper. Another 1/3 have no clue where they are or were they are going, they are going 25 mph looking for street signs or addresses or lane change sans blinker across 4 lanes of traffic, tourist and terrorist sound a lot alike especially on 19. My guess is everyone else who lives there is so fed up with the first two groups that they have developed a coping mechanism, drive like a homicidal maniac while taking advantage of the fact that they sell beer in gas stations.

I also like swimming in the great lakes better, I might drown but at least until then I am still at the top of the food chain even in the water. If your car windows can explode from the heat if you don't leave them open a crack you are probably not in a place where god designed it for humans let alone large crowds of people. Leaving windows open even a crack during the daily monsoon just means your car is as steamy as outside even with AC on. Rain will not cool it off enough to prevent any and all plastic items in car from melting. Yankees go there to destroy CD & DVD music collections by leaving them in car or on picnic table that falls into sinkhole.

Family is down there. And short visits are ok but after a few good seafood dinners and lunches I'm ready to head back where we have seasons.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    We at least have 3 months of almost no mosquitos here in the great white north. Besides I hate driving in Fla. 1/3 of the people should not be driving unless stopping on freeway entry ramps to make a "right turn" rather than merge is somehow proper. Another 1/3 have no clue where they are or were they are going, they are going 25 mph looking for street signs or addresses or lane change sans blinker across 4 lanes of traffic, tourist and terrorist sound a lot alike especially on 19. My guess is everyone else who lives there is so fed up with the first two groups that they have developed a coping mechanism, drive like a homicidal maniac while taking advantage of the fact that they sell beer in gas stations.

I also like swimming in the great lakes better, I might drown but at least until then I am still at the top of the food chain even in the water. If your car windows can explode from the heat if you don't leave them open a crack you are probably not in a place where god designed it for humans let alone large crowds of people. Leaving windows open even a crack during the daily monsoon just means your car is as steamy as outside even with AC on. Rain will not cool it off enough to prevent any and all plastic items in car from melting. Yankees go there to destroy CD & DVD music collections by leaving them in car or on picnic table that falls into sinkhole.

Family is down there. And short visits are ok but after a few good seafood dinners and lunches I'm ready to head back where we have seasons.

Thank you for wanting to stay up north, now if you can get the other northerners to go with you that would be great.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by hanleyfan View Post
    This is one old Bird that loves the cold weather, you won't see me going south where it is hot and humid! I think it gets too hot and humid here in ohio at times.
    Thank you

^^^^ That's funny Danny...

Humidity hasn't been bad today, 97% all day..

Boolit Master

On a more serious note I would like to thank everyone from up north. When I joined the Navy northerners went out of way to tell me everything that I was doing wrong over and over again.

I try to do what I can to keep the species in their own habitat. Besides ya'll in FLA have an issue with fresh water and I wouldn't want to make it worse. Besides 4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan and this is all drinkable

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/me...s-national.jpg

I like Florida for the history, and dining, and all the tropical plants and flowers. Gators not so much, snakes even less. Like relatives somewhat more. Visiting is ok, living there is not my cup of tea. I like the west and southwest better but they have their own water issues. Still some pretty country over that way. Winter camping in Michigan, no skeeters and if you think a campfire is nice in July you should sit around one in January!
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast