Thread: A Tumbleweed Christmas needs a Christmas gift

Boolit Master

A Tumbleweed Christmas needs a Christmas gift

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tumbleweed.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	231238

I got this Christmas card from my parents several years ago. I really like it and I saved it. This poor cowboy is working on trimming a tumbleweed to look like a Christmas tree, He even has the paint ready to paint it green.

I suspect there aren't going to be many gifts under his Christmas tree.

I suspect some of our newer members are going to have a Christmas like my cowboy's Christmas.

Some of our newer members need to start casting to afford ammo, but can't afford the basics to cast with. Or to load with!

So here is a little Merry Christmas help for a fairly new member:

To be eligible for this Christmas gift you must have joined CastBoolits between 12/26/2017 and 11/30/2018. In past years I have granted waivers. You can request a waiver with a PM.

It is after Thanksgiving, and as usual I still haven't decided what to give as a gift.

To apply for this post a short post of why you need help with gifts under your Christmas tree. Then send me a PM titled "Christmas gift" with a more detailed description of why you need assistance, what reloading experience and reloading tools you have, and what casting experience and casting tools you have. Include your name and mailing address in the PM, but not in the post.

I will likely have members pledge to help me with this. More are welcome to join in. To join in, please PM me on how you would like to help and please do not post in this thread unless you are eligible for the Christmas gift and requesting the Christmas gift.

I have been called BrassyClause. Last year, BrassyClause had more than 20 Helpers! In previous years, I have been able to use Titan Reloading to help fill my gift bag. I am retiring soon, so my budget for new items is quite small this year. I have really enjoyed all of the assistance my Helpers have provided and I am really looking forward to their enthusiastic and generous assistance this year. Helpers can remain anonymous. Please PM me for details on how I manage this.

BrassMagnet

Boolit Grand Master

I'm in, Brass. I have extra hanging about looking for a new home.

PM inbound
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Brass i am in.

Boolit Master

Let me know what you are looking for!

Boolit Grand Master

I am blessed to read this !
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    I will likely have members pledge to help me with this. More are welcome to join in. To join in, please PM me on how you would like to help and please do not post in this thread unless you are eligible for the Christmas gift and requesting the Christmas gift.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bdicki View Post
    Thanks everybody!
    We have a lot of helpers already.
    We still don’t have anybody requesting assistance.
    I have done this each year for a fair number of years and the previous threads are still here in the pages of Helping Hands. I do ask for a lot of info from members requesting Christmas help. I share that info with my Helpers. That prevents duplication of stuff you already have and ensures you get stuff you can use. Generally, lots of stuff! Some members have been overwhelmed by the generosity of our CastBoolits members. So don’t be shy. We all have fun doing this!

Boolit Master

CowboyDan posted these in Tumbleweed Christmas back in 2014. I think you can find that thread on page 14 of the Helping Hands. Please don't post in that old thread and bring it to the front page. That will just confuse people!

'Twas a week before Christmas
    and in the reloading room,
    not a sound was to be heard
    ere the crash and the boom.

I jumped from my seat
    and thought, "My homebrew's exploded!"
    The floor was dry near the
    door, so my fears eroded.

And what I saw there
    gave me such a start.
    A man dressed in red
    with a golden heart.

And all 'round his belt
    empty cartridges hung,
    so that each time he stepped,
    each one of them rung.

Then Brassy Clause said,
    "You have been a good boy,
    so I and the elves thought,
    'Let's get him a new toy.' "

I looked at my bench
    and what did I see?
    A new Lyman mold
    was waiting for me.

But that was not all,
    for he opened his pack
    and then the gifts
    began to stack.

Brass and sizing dies
    And goodies to boot
    were all laid out by
    The man in the red suit.

Then I gave him a homebrew
    and as I said "adieu,"
    He said "Merry Christmas
    e'ryone, from me to you."

Thank You to everyone who made the following pile possible:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CowboyDan_photo.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	231509

BrassMagnet I'll sure do what I can. Count me as a helper.
    VOTE, VOTE, VOTE often. In dealing with potential dishonesty or corruption, Something you might keep in mind is a revealing quote by S.W. Erdnase in his book The Expert at the Card Table "Almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."
    Politicians are like babies diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. Mark Twain

Y'all helped me out last year with this and I'm far more advanced now because of it. Thank you all so much. A friend from work just joined here yesterday. I know he could use help getting started reloading. I'm goin to have him check this out. Good to see you are still doing this for people.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    I too was blessed last Christmas by the fine members here. I am in great shape as far as reloading (the waistline...not so much) lol... This is an outstanding act of giving.... Will send P.M. Thanks again....Bobby

Boolit Master
    Brassy Clause If you need help or need what I might have extra just call.

Boolit Master

Joshst2010 joined 12/5/18. He has an approved waiver.
    We now have one approved candidate and room for more!

Boolit Master
    Be glad to help. I have lots of extra stuff. Let me know what is needed. I may have it.

Boolit Master

Jfaver joined 12/8/18. She has an approved waiver.
    We now have two approved candidates and room for more!
    WooHoo!!!

Boolit Mold
    Hey guys im jfaver my dad and i are wanting to learn how to reload! Rmatchell will be coaching us. I have a Lee reloading press so far but i havent been able to pick up anything else. Were looking to reload 22, 9, 40, 45, 223/556, 380, 300BO, and 38 special. Any tips tricks etc would be wonderful!

Hello to all I'm new to reloading. I've been shooting for awhile and been interested about reloading for awhile just no way to get started with my almost 2 year old. My wife is also new to guns and reloading, she's also very interested to learn more about both. Akaholic bubba will be my mentor/coach he's agreed to. He is also a coworker, been for a little while, he has allot of knowledge that he's already shared with me. Help would be much appreciated!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by joshst2010 View Post
    Hello to all I'm new to reloading. I've been shooting for awhile and been interested about reloading for awhile just no way to get started with my almost 2 year old. My wife is also new to guns and reloading, she's also very interested to learn more about both. Akaholic bubba will be my mentor/coach he's agreed to. He is also a coworker, been for a little while, he has allot of knowledge that he's already shared with me. Help would be much appreciated!
    Joshst2010 is going to focus on learning to cast and load for 9mm. AKholicbubba will coach him.

Just wanted to post and say that I have received my first package thank you so much to Dickinson much appreciated thanks again

Boolit Mold
    Oh my gosh! I just wanted to give a big thank you to everyone who send packages! My dad and I are so excited and thankful! Merry christmas to you all!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast