WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bubba strikes again.

Boolit Master

Guy I know in GA got a sweet deal on a Model 60 S&W 3in full under lug .357 J frame W/Adj sights. I think he paid $125 for it............It was like new .......Except...

The previous owner used an electric pencil on it. I mean ALL OVER IT!!! He wrote "Stolen From" and put his name. SS # all over it. Name all over it. I mean all over it!!

I asked my buddy who sold it (pawn shop) why he didn't call me about it and let me look at it....He said he didn't think I would be interested in it due to the scrawled garbage all over it! It was a pre hillary hole gun too..........I'd still bought it.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Banned
    Change E E S to BEST

Boolit Grand Master
    If the price was right, I would buy it. And I suspect that one poster's suppositions about "Fired twice, and down the road it went" are on-point. But that aside, someone like me has cause to wonder what other idiot-wind maintenance and care regimens were followed (or not) during the revolver's time with its tormentor/engraver.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Almost my exact initials, minus the last name. That’s also one that’s on my wish list. What state is this in?

Boolit Master
    Tennessee. Closed today, usually stop in for a soda. See what he is gonna do with it, told him ask me before he sells it to anybody.

Banner Sponsor

When I was in the Navy, a friend of mine showed me his S&W mod 19 357 mag that he was all proud of and was telling me about it's trip to a"GUN SMITH " to get a trigger job. It had the absolutely lightest single action trigger I have ever seen. In fact, with it cocked, you could just push on the hammer to get it to fall!!
    I tried to tell him that it wasn't safe at all. He left it at home so his wife would have some protection. ..
    He argued that that was the way it was supposed to be, according to the" gunsmith" and that he had to pay extra to get it that way.

Boolit Master

Back in the late 60s - early 70s, the police were recommending vibro engraving city and SSN on items of value.
    I have several items that I did it to.
    I need to obliterate the SSN for sure in this new modern world.
    I had a 98 Mauser that I bought from a gentleman that engraved his name on the floor plate.
    ALL matching numbers with a beautiful brown patina and . . .AND his name on the floor plate.
    IF I had hundreds in front of me I may be able to find one with the same look to the finish.
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12