Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RepackboxReloading EverythingPBcastcoLee Precision
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Disappointed in new Bianchi Holster

Boolit Grand Master

Disappointed in new Bianchi Holster

I recently ordered a Bianchi Model 57 from Midway USA. It was a nice looking holster, as far as it went, but the belt loops were unfinished. The edges were unbeveled and the loop itself lacks about 3/16" in length to fit a 1 1/2" belt. I can fix it, but it is a pain in the neck to have to do so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3772 (1).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	231118
    Last edited by rintinglen; 11-27-2018 at 07:21 PM. Reason: add pic
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    I would have a talk with Bianchi about it and see what they say.
    swamp
    There is no problem so great, that it cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives.

Boolit Grand Master

Something gets by in every company. The issue is if the are willing to fix it and deal with it effectively.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master
    I sent them an e-mail, complete with pictures. Got an automated "one-of our representatives-yadda-yadda" reply. Still waiting for the rep to respond.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    Not trying to be facetious but I learned to make my own. Get closer to what I want and need. Can be done on a tight budget though I'd hate to know how much money I've spent on leather work. I tend to go overboard on my hobbies!

Boolit Grand Master
    So do I, but this one was cheap and time for hobbies is scarce this time of year, so I spent the money. I already fixed the holster. The black one is Bucheimer Clark's. The rest are mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3768 (1).jpg   DSCN0480.jpg   GUN PICS 12-16 012.jpg   IMG_3719.jpg  

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    I recently ordered a Bianchi Model 57 from Midway USA. It was a nice looking holster, as far as it went, but the belt loops were unfinished. The edges were unbeveled and the loop itself lacks about 3/16" in length to fit a 1 1/2" belt. I can fix it, but it is a pain in the neck to have to do so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3772 (1).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	231118
    Please post the results that Bianchi responds with. I'll be following this thread.

Was the holster advertised as having 1 1/2 inch belt slots?
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Buddy
    Think Bianchi has their stuff made in Mexico nowadays. It definitely isn’t the of the quality they used to be known for.

I have a Bianchi that's about 25 years old with the same tight belt loops. I thought that's the way it was supposed to be. Mine is a band-aid design for the 1911 and I carry a Detonic Combat Master 3.5" condition one. I wear the lightest belt that doesn't sag, it's less obvious that way...

Have you ever been not disappointed by a holster? I can't say I've ever been impressed or even pleased by any. The most tolerable ones seem to be almost random. My DeSantis nemesis pocket holster is my favorite...cost $13. My super super custom pancake holster that cost 5x that is a bulky hunk o junk.

Boolit Master
    I just started making my own its really not hard. if you make a couple it covers the cost, you just need a vacuum food sealer, a leather tools kit off amazon (might only need a few things from it depends on what you make), glue dye and snoseal and a sheet of leather. being your own quality control and fitter is nice. only part that isn't fun is stitching.

Boolit Grand Master
    Never did get a reply. Were I John, I'd request my name to be taken off these shoddy products. I met him when he and I lived in Fallbrook, CA. California was still part of the United States in those days.

Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    Never did get a reply. Were I John, I'd request my name to be taken off these shoddy products. I met him when he and I lived in Fallbrook, CA. California was still part of the United States in those days.
    John sold the company long ago...
    If you live on the razor's edge and slip, you will die in two pieces

Boolit Buddy
    Now where I can shoot and not worry where the bullet goes
    My favorite by far is one from Urban Carry. Conceals smoothly in your waist band. No real apparent bulky look.
    Smooth to lift up and puts the weapon right in your hand.
    I am a non paid spokesperson for the company, just like the product.
    And I have many, as I imagine most of us have, trying for just the right one.

Boolit Buddy
    I purchased a Bianchi Cyclone a couple of years ago that I'm actually quite happy with. I holds my 4" 686 in "crossdraw" fashion very nicely.

Rex

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Krumhunger View Post
    Think Bianchi has their stuff made in Mexico nowadays. It definitely isn’t the of the quality they used to be known for.
    Since they went to Mexico ((Safariland ownership) I only buy used ones made in the USA.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Cash View Post
    Was the holster advertised as having 1 1/2 inch belt slots?
    YES it was.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    I would always give the company a chance to make it right. Things can slip by even at best company. Now if they don't make it right then raise heck.

I've 3 of the #111 Cyclones. The last I bought is so tight that if you put it on a belt it's a chore to get the gun in
    it and impossible to snap. No amout of stretching is going to fix it. They didn't bother to respond so I sent them
    a letter, they didn't bother to respond to that either. I'm done with them the last two holsters I bought are El Passo. I always bought Lawrence before and never had any problems with them.