Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Dang scammers!

in Remebrance

Dang scammers!

Think I'm OK on this one but will check tomorrow. Checked my hotmail account, which I almost never use. Found a msg supposedly from "iTunes" charging me for some music I never heard of. Said they charged it to my Visa. Thing is I have NEVER bought anything from them, the only iPhone in the house belonged to my deceased wife and is not in use tho I charged it a couple days ago thinking about switching to it. The msg was from back in the middle of the month. I'll check with my Visa people tomorrow just to be sure nothing is happening. Modern technology Sucks! GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Master

its spam/scammer ****, just delete it.

Boolit Grand Master

All you have to do is check your account to see if it’s been charged. This is where online banking is great. Login into you account and you can see what transactions have cleared and which are pending. It’s literally up to the minute.

Boolit Master

NEVER follow links from questionable e-mails.

Boolit Master

Check your CC account. If you have been charged then notify your card and cancelled it. About three years ago they got my number and charged something small. But they will max out your card if you don't cancel.

Small charge can be a way to test that their information works. iTunes and other store gift cards are a common money laundering method for stolen credit card information. Buy a bunch of iTunes, Best Buy, or Wal-Mart gift cards that can be sold for cash. Buying high end phones is another way to convert fraudulent card use to cash.

Best is check using the 800 number on your credit card. The email might have been the scam too. You click on link in email to contact them to have the charge dropped and give them your name, credit card number etc. to have the charge removed.

These scammers are one area where we know we won't catch many of them so I vote we make the ones we catch really pay. Long enough in prison that the risk doesn't seem worth the reward. Scam big bucks and maybe if you never get back out to spend it.... might send a discouraging message to the others tempted to engage in similar activity. May only catch 3% but man if you in that 3% we gonna drop the hammer on your sorry self.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master

Dang scammers!

Edited because I need to double check some information. Don’t want to post misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    NEVER follow links from questionable e-mails.
    NEVER NEVER EVER use their supplies link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    It's a scam.
    Do not open it.
    If you did, you let them in.
    They now know it's a live address.
    They will keep on sending spam, and they will sell the address to others.

Boolit Grand Master

Nothing has changed since King Tut's time. The scammers/robbers are still with us just using different tools !
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    What really cracks me up about the telemarketing calls?The ones that say they have been monitoring my CC accts for the last 6 months.That is MOST interesting,as I have not had a CC or checking acct is a bit over 50 years.Debit card either.
    With e-mails,I just hit the spam key.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master

Yea, I got the old your computer needs upgrading so send us $50 on your credit card scam last week, and as we never answer unknown numbers it went to the answering machine and we wiped it.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Yeah, whatever you do, DON'T click any of the links in the e-mail. Very bad ju-ju there.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Master
    If you don't recognize someone or something, just delete it. Never open it! Others have said that here too!
    SMOKELESS IS JUST A PASSING FAD!-STEVE GARBE

FORMER NJ HUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR
    GOA LIFE MEMBER
    SASS LIFE MEMBER

ADAPT, IMPROVISE, OVERCOME!
    "ANY MAN WHO THINKS HE CAN BE HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS BY LETTING THE GOVERNMENT TAKE CARE OF HIM, BETTER TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE AMERICAN INDIAN!"-HENRY FORD

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    well had to cancel another credit card this week second one in 6 months. card number was being used in California. card company caught it right away and remimbersed the charges. if they try to get mine then they will go after anybody couse i ain't got no money.

Posted a vintage tractor step for a 50-60's vintage Oliver hexagon axle tractor this morning. Within 5 minutes I received 3 texts, from 3 different phone #'s telling me to contact his mother (@3 different email addresses). His mother wanted "much very" to purchase.

Lower than the slime on a lizard belly.

Boolit Master
    As has been said by others, check your account. Dont open the email. If theres no charges on your account, delete the email.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."