Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: 310 handle interchangeability¿

Boolit Bub

310 handle interchangeability¿

I have both large (rifle) and small (pistol) handles. While I would not want to try to use rifle does in small handles, I was wondering, can pistol does be used with large handles without adverse affects?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Boolit Master

I have used pistol dies in the large handles, the only thing I found is, on some of the calibers the neck expanding and bullet seating depths are limited.
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Grand Master
    If your particular die in your particular handle will reach far enough to do the desired process on the particular cartridge you are working with, it's all good. In this day and age, making things work with 310 tools seems to me to be a cut-and-try process. Just my experience, YMMV!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master

I've never had any problem using either long or short handles for either. There may be some combinations that won't work but the 310 dies have a flexibility of adjustment that compensates for either and I've loaded from 9mm through Magnums./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

I prefer to call the handles long and short. The threaded part is the difference between the two, one has a short threaded section, the other a long threaded section.
    The only thing I have found using long handles instead of short is the amount of threading in and out with the dies.
    Leo

Boolit Buddy
    Has anyone tried using .44-40 dies with large handles? Any particular issues with that combination.

I just picked up .44-40 dies and loaded 50 rounds using my dad's small handles. I'd like to get my own set of handles and was considering getting large ones.

Thanks.

Boolit Grand Master
    I had my 44-40 set (steel handles and 4 die set) handy and held them up alongside a set of 32-40 steel handles... it looks like the will screw in far enough to work. I wouldn't go out and buy a set of large handles just to load 44-40s, but if you have a set or that's all you can find, they should work OK.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    I had my 44-40 set (steel handles and 4 die set) handy and held them up alongside a set of 32-40 steel handles... it looks like the will screw in far enough to work. I wouldn't go out and buy a set of large handles just to load 44-40s, but if you have a set or that's all you can find, they should work OK.

Froggie

Thank you, sir.