Load DataLee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Upgradding my ar's

Boolit Master

Upgradding my ar's

My intentions are to put FF hand guards and low profile blocks on a AR15 /AR10. There is a wide price fluctuation in hand guard prices. Has anyone had experiance with the 75$ and under hand guards? I am interested in a Trinity Force Atlas guard and block.
    My guns are used sparingly. No run and gun games.
    I am also looking at the SLR Dimple Jig. Any opinions. Good Bad or indifferent.

I have a Trinity Force Atlas mid length on my AR10 and it has been rock solid for the past 2-3 years which was about $75 when purchased. I have one of their low profile .875" aluminum gas blocks and it works fine. Just bought two Trinity Force P1812 handguards for an ar15 YGSJ09 (9" keymod $38) and YGSJ10 (10" keymod $44). I haven't mounted them yet, but they seem as nice as the one on my AR10. I use my rifles for hunting and target shooting and they're holding up well for me.

I also have a couple Guntec USA handguards that were around $75. Only had them about a year and a half. They seem well made as well. My only gripe about them is they're M-loc and some of the accessories don't lock into them as well because the ones I have are a lightweight version. It's easy enough to thin the M-loc nuts slightly so that they lock up correctly. It wouldn't stop me from buying another one since once mine are set up they generally stay in that configuration, but it should be mentioned.

Boolit Master
    Thanks MM

I've also been using YHM and ARStoner melonite gas blocks when on sale for $20 and have had good luck with them also.

Boolit Buddy
    I have several of the Matrix Arms handguards that I love. They start out at 49, and go up depending on the length. You can find them at Joe Bobs Outfitters.

I have one on my work gun and it has survived our training sessions and kicking around a squad car.

Boolit Master

I’m always looking for a good upgrade at a value price; on two of our working carbines we’ve had the Midwest handguards one in FDE and one in OD green ; pleased with both. Both 10 inches one keymod one Mlok and I’ve had no problems with either.
    Last edited by nagantguy; 11-27-2018 at 08:52 AM.

Boolit Master
    Try Mas Defense. They have reasonably priced HG's.

Boolit Buddy
    Quality matters less if you won't have optics or front iron mounted to it.

DImpler needs to cut, not press. I just used a dremel cutoff disk and scored the barrel a 32th then put in the grub screws. Tried to get it off with a hammer this week. Nope.
    Whatever!