Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
RepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Induction annealing jackets

Boolit Master

Induction annealing jackets

I just purchased an induction heating machine and power supply to annealing my LR based jackets. I'm going to experiment with melting my core into the jacket at the same time to save a step. I was hoping to use the same supply to copper plate bullets but it won't turn down low enough, voltage or amperage.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by jdfoxinc View Post
    I just purchased an induction heating machine and power supply to annealing my LR based jackets. I'm going to experiment with melting my core into the jacket at the same time to save a step. I was hoping to use the same supply to copper plate bullets but it won't turn down low enough, voltage or amperage.
    I was thinking about this last week. What machine did you buy? I was looking at building one.

Boolit Master
    I bought the power supply, switches, whatever you call the heater, and graphite crucibles (for other projects), from banggoods.com. Lots of heaters available for various power levels and prices. The power supply and heater were $100.00 & $45.00. I'll have to build a box for the switches. You let the power supply spin up first, then turn on the heater.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Boolit Buddy
    There used to be some 12-48vdc ZVS 1kw units for next to nothing on feabay. You could use car batteries to experiment before getting a real power supply. The process should work based on my limited experience. To much time at work and not enough at home in the garage...

It should also be useful for annealing case necks.